Myers-Briggs

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.

Which Personality type are you?

ENFP
No votes
INFP
No votes
ENFJ
33%
INFJ
No votes
ESTJ
No votes
ISTJ
No votes
ESFJ
No votes
ISFJ
No votes
ENTP
33%
INTP
No votes
ENTJ
No votes
INTJ
33%
ESTP
No votes
ISTP
No votes
ESFP
No votes
ISFP
No votes

Total votes: 6

atvan

Myers-Briggs

Post by atvan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Which personality type are you? Find out here:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

I am an ENTP, about 75-50-25-50%.
Last edited by atvan on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

atvan

Re: Myers-Briggs

Post by atvan » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:30 am

I'd love if some people posted replies here. It is just a cool thing to realize how acurately these things describe your behavior.

There are 16 kinds of people in this world: ENFPs, INFPs, ENFJs, …"

:p
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:06 am

I tend to be all over the place on this personality test. INTJ seems to be the most common result. I took this particular test twice and got INFJ on the second time. I usually ignore the first time as I want to think more about the questions.

Unfortunately, these questions are so vague that I don't think these results actually mean anything. This is obvious when you understand the Forer effect. Different personalities do exist, but I'm not sure self-tests like this are the best way to find them.

I also think the T/F dichotomy is false. I don't see why you can't be both. You can think and include people's feelings!

DX

Post by DX » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:18 am

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
22 75 25 22

Fourth time I have taken that test, fourth different result. I agree with Ben that the phrasing of the questions has a huge impact on how you answer them. So many things about personality are situational for me - I often don't have default behavior for a given scenario. Intuitive is the only category that tends to come out strongly - everything else varies and they never lean strongly either way.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:00 pm

Interesting the quantity of INTJs that are turning out here, or at least half INTJs. :p one of the best ways to decide if the statements are true is to read the self descriptions. Google INTJ, and you will get text blocks that explain the characteristics of an INTJ. These differences are caused by the functions, which are thinking, feeling, sensing, and intuition. Note that are the two middle letters. For introverts, they have a strong introverted function, a fairly strong extraverted function, an fairly weak introverted function and a weak extroverted function. These are the things that differentiate, especially among the last letters, judging or perceiving.

For an example of the functions, INTJs have a strong introverted intuition, a fairly strong extraverted thinking, a fairly weak introverted feeling, and a weak extroverted sensing. In other words, they are "idea people" and like complex but elegantly simple solutions to things (think Einstein). They like to finish what they are doing. They like to help other people, to feel good inside (introverted feeling). Finally, They tend not to like to get caught up in the details.

As a note, these tests are a pain in the ass to take once you know what the letters mean, because you know what the questions are getting at, and you confuse yourself. For example, i could be anybody I wanted if I tried on these tests. Also, these things are more specific than you think. The way it works is weird, but I would not say that it involves the Forer Effect other than between thos of the same type. If you find what you really are it will freak you out.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:57 pm

ENFJ word son

90% Extraverted, 62% Intuitive, 38% Feeling, 61% Judging

very expressed extravert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
distinctively expressed judging personality

Ben wrote:I also think the T/F dichotomy is false. I don't see why you can't be both. You can think and include people's feelings!
lol I said that before.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:08 am

One of the things I don't like is the test appears to cancel out opposite responses, like political spectrum tests. For 2 questions, you could be a centrist if you answer moderately, but if you take both extremes you are also placed there. I don't know any other way to factor in answers that appear to contradict each other full spectrum, though.

Many things in the INTJ profiles match me pretty well, but some don't. Things aren't always one or the other, like with big picture vs details. You need both, because if you focus only on the details, you will get bogged down in them and miss the big picture, and if you focus only on the big picture, it won't happen if you haven't got the details locked down.

Personality probably shifts and fluctuates as you increase your world view and age. I was ENTP the first time I took Myers-Briggs. Then I was INTP, then ENTJ, and now INTJ. The middle has stayed put, but the ends have swung. Executive, Thinker, Visionary, and Scientist really aren't that different, though. I'm not sure, but I think that these are the four rational types in the test.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

New Guy

Post by New Guy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:39 am

I'm an ENTJ and usually score 50/50 for brain split. I'm liable to suffer from psychosis later in life. I'm typically logical but also very imaginative. I can logic ridiculous things into working.

I've taken this test so many times and I reliably score between 48/52 to 50/50 for left/right split.

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:13 am

There are 4 percentages. What is e brain split?
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Huh, seems like I just took this for a college......weird how my answers are completely different.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.