Curious about a price

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
New Guy

Curious about a price

Post by New Guy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:33 am

I've got a Storm 500 (one of the small pistols, makes for a great sidearm I suppose) in perfect working order with removable battery cover and even a functioning light. Just curious what these are worth these days. I tried to find them on the internet at all and all I found was a three-year-old topic here on SSC where someone eluded to finding them on eBay. Mine came from a Goodwill, amazed it actually works. It has never been disassembled in the time I've owned it and actually spent the last three or four years sitting in my closet under a couple old pillows.

Anywho. What are these things worth these days?

DX

Re: Curious about a price

Post by DX » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:55 am

It depends on how you market it and who bids. They are hard to come by, but obviously users will simply find a substitute if the the price is not low enough on a rare gun. As far as function is concerned, it would be worth the same as any readily available gun in its class to a user. To a collector, perhaps a bit more - I hesitate to put a dollar amount on it because Storm 500's have very little data as you pointed out. Personally, I wouldn't pay much for one, maybe $10 tops, because there's plenty of other guns that perform its job that are easy to come by. Storm guns are renowned for their durability, however, which might influence someone else.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

zeda.beta

Re: Curious about a price

Post by zeda.beta » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:53 pm

They'd probably be worth anywhere from $7-15. I would be able to give a better estimate if I hadn't been so out of touch with the community lately.

Edit: I think that might have been my thread. I was looking for some storm guns a few years ago, and never did get my hands on the 750 or the 2500.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.