Rattler: Halo, Anyone?

Threads about water gun modifications.
strato_2r5

Rattler: Halo, Anyone?

Post by strato_2r5 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:57 am

Has anyone noticed how the Rattler looks like the back of the Halo Ma5c? Since you can convert a piston water gun to a separate PC gun, you can have a working AP(M for mod?) with good ergonomics as well. The triangular ammo counter on top of the Halo Rifle is perfect for a PC. Has anyone tried this before? If not, can anyone try?
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.

soakernerd

Re: Rattler: Halo, Anyone?

Post by soakernerd » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:10 am

Why don't you try it?
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:19 am

I'm horrible with PVC. I tried making a simple piston/sryinge gun and failed miserably. Anyway, my parents won't let me mod my guns.
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:01 pm

I'll do it with my vaporizer. The only problem for me is going to be a case mod for the new gun, as the currrent vaporizer case is pretty crappy.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Okay, so that is what the base vaporizer looks like. Now I need to figure out what the real life dimensions of an Ma5b would be. (Any help would be appreciated)
Attachments
Snapshot_20110423.jpg
Quack damn you.

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:01 am

Sorry, forgot about the pics. Anyway, something's wrong with my Rattler's pump so I'll try this mod since it'll already be opened. I'm having trouble removing the outer shell (it has two, the second is glued) near the nozzle. How do I remove the nozzle?

Edit: For later on once the pump is fixed (it's taking a while to suck water in), I'm planning on making it a balloon cps. How do you attach a pc case if the balloons are on a hose barb and the hose barb is covering the end of a pipe? (Sorry, I'm a noob at homemades)
Last edited by strato_2r5 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:27 pm

FINALLY! I got the nozzle off by cutting it. Now I plan to convert it to a CPS gun. I think I'll put the PC at a 45 degree angle. Blueprints coming soon.

Edit: Attached is a crudely done blueprint of what I plan to mod the rattler to. The PC will be layered party balloons. Will the 45 degree angle affect performance?
Attachments
Rattler Mod.jpg
Last edited by strato_2r5 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:13 pm

Bump!
I got most of the parts from my local Lowe's. The only things I'm missing are hose barbs. The Rattler's tubing fit's 1/4" barb perfectly, but I don't know the standard neck diameter of party balloons. Also, I wasn't able to acquire a 45 degree tee, so there are some minor changes to the design. Basically, I will have an L- barb going from the pump's tube to an adaptor for 1/2". That adaptor is connected to a 45 degree elbow, which in turn leads to the perpendicular part of a tee. At the rear end of the tee, there is a coupler for a hose barb. At the other end, I have another 45 elbow leading to an adaptor so I can attach a brass valve. Sorry if this is confusing, I'm not able to upload right now.

Edit: Wait, is the nozzle the check valve, or is it in the pump? If it's the nozzle, that changes my plans.
Last edited by strato_2r5 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:54 pm

Sorry that you've already bought the pieces, but the 45 degree angle will inhibit the linear flow to the nozzle. The bend will likely cause turbulence, but not as much as a 90 degree bend. Also, do realize that with a full PC, the PC length will likely be the length of the whole gun, and be about 3 times fatter as well. The design won't really be anything like the Ma5c at all if you've got a rubber thing the size of the gun hanging off the side. Also, this design would likely put a lot of stress on the LRT.

Otherwise, you could get a Hydro Cannon, do the mod that G-Jiv did to his HC, then take the HC's old PC and find a way to attach it. From the pics, it looks like the PC is about the same size a you want when fully expanded. The PC volume is small, but if you connect through the gun's original nozzle, you might get 2 or 3 second shot time. It will take very few pumps though.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:21 pm

The 45 bend is fine, in practical applications it usually works wonderfully.

@strato: The check valve on the rattler is between the reservoir and the pump. It only has one because it is a piston weapon. You would need to add a second one between the pump and the pc, and the nozzle would have to include the trigger mechanism.
Quack damn you.

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:13 pm

@atvan, I didn't say I'm using LRT, I'm gonna layer a bunch of party balloons.
@zeda, thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway, once I know it'll all work, I will probably put a shell over the PVC. Any suggestions for material?

I will try a diagram in text for my design:
/
__/ \__

Fail. So that's just a failed text diagram. The nozzle would be to the left, PC above, and check valve to the right. It would restrict less than a tee connected to a 45 degree elbow like this:
/
__|__

Sorry, not able to attach pics.
Last edited by strato_2r5 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:21 pm

Layering party balloons seems hard. How do you plan on doing this?

I like atvan's idea of using a Hydro Cannon bladder. It seems like the perfect size!
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 pm

Well, I currently don't have a Hydro Cannon. I plan to put one balloon and then layer like a k-mod.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:39 pm

How will the first balloon stay rigid enough to layer the other balloons over it? Do you plan on using a rigid template?
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:58 am

Hmm... I'll try to check JLspacemarine's thread since he used balloons instead of LRT.