Nozzle Selector Mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
soakernerd

Nozzle Selector Mod

Post by soakernerd » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:54 pm

I wish to build a Nozzle Selector for my newly acquired CPS 2000. Not just an end cap drilled out, but an actual rotating nozzle selector. I was inspired by -G-JiV- 's mod to his CPS 2000. However, I want a selector that is easier to build and adjust.

I am currently working on mounting my Vindicator's nozzle selector to CPVC. CPVC fits perfectly into the nozzle on the 2000, and I am extremely hesitant to hack up the gun.

Does anyone have any ideas about troubles that I might run into?

I am worried about the pressure from the 2000 shooting the nozzle assembly off of the gun. Is this likely?

I also considered making a turret like this, but with CPVC end caps drilled to various sizes on the end of then barrels.

What do you guys think of these ideas?

martianshark

Re: Nozzle Selector Mod

Post by martianshark » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:37 pm

I don't think anyone's really made a rotating selector. If I had a CPS 2000, I would just leave it as it is, or maybe build a screw-on selector. I don't think the blast will knock it off, but it especially won't if you use epoxy or something.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:58 pm

martianshark wrote:I don't think anyone's really made a rotating selector.
here you are wrong, my friend, Hahaha, I built up an rotating nozzle selector myself^^ hehe and it works great!

And I still have got the CPS 2000's original 30 X ::: nozzle...but also 5 other really useful nozzles, compared with the power of a CPS 2000...just a great weapon! xD

I never thought of this when I built up this selector, but may I am a genius :D :D :D

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:59 pm

And if you are thankful I will help you to build up an own one with some more pics and my knowlege and experience... :)

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:47 am

Update:
It works! I attached the ball valve and attached nozzle selector of the vindicator to 1/2" PVC, which is connected to 1/2" CPVC. This plugs right into the nozzle of the 2000. I am getting about 45' range with the vindicators medium nozzle, and it shoots for 10 seconds. I am working on attaching the selector directly to the 1/2" CPVC, as the ball valve is a major restriction. I still need to drill the fan blast to a respectable size. the biggest nozzle of the vindicators stock selection is not nearly big enough to take full advantage of the 2000's power.

I have decided to build my own selector from scratch, as that would allow me greater control of the nozzle sizes, as well as more flow than is possible with the Vindicators nozzle. The way the Vindicators nozzle is constructed, it is impossible to make the nozzle large than 1/4".

How big is the internal piping of the 2000? I am planning on using CPVC, which has an internal diameter of 1/2". Will this be a significant restriction?
Last edited by soakernerd on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:49 pm

More updates
The CPVC nozzle selector is complete. I screwed up the endcaps though, so they have fairly poor lamination. This selector will be featured in my upcoming homemade, with instructions.

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Sounding good Soakernerd!
I'm a dude

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:40 pm

Since my homemade is not going to be made till spring break, I am posting the nozzle selector here.

I just plugged the end of a tee with a dowel.
I then glued 4 barrels onto an empty spool of thread. I inserted 1 barrel into a leg of the tee, and drilled a hole in the plugged side of the tee. I inserted a pencil through the spool, and epoxied it to the hole in the plug.

I don't have enough endcaps so only 1 is attached. The piped diameter is 1/2" but that can be changed by using a larger tee/pipe.
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

BlueCharged

Post by BlueCharged » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Won't water come out here:
My Armoury:
Super Soaker Thunderstorm (shoots to 25 ft), Super Soaker 50 (shoots to 50 ft)
To Buy (And Mod) This Year (2012):
Water Warriors Explorer, SS Electrostorm and SS Tornado Strike (REDO)

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:23 pm

I think you can slide the nozzles onto the tee, so that you can rotate and switch them before you select.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.