XP 310 Missing Screws

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
strato_2r5

XP 310 Missing Screws

Post by strato_2r5 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:33 am

I recently opened up the pump handle on my XP 310 for a pump reinforcement. I seem to have misplaced the screws. Do they use standard sizes or are they custom made for the gun? Where can I get replacement screws?
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.

wetmonkey442

Re: XP 310 Missing Screws

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Are you just missing the screws on the pump handle? I wouldn't worry about finding replacements, just wrap the handle in electrical tape to keep it together. The moldings are generally fitted to lock together so it should still stay pretty tight.

The screws are much smaller than normal screws, but if you look hard in a hardware store you may be able to find something that will work. From my experience, you really only need four or five screws to hold together the main case of any gun. They usually build them with a 2x or 3x redundancy on screws.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

soakernerd

Re: XP 310 Missing Screws

Post by soakernerd » Wed May 18, 2011 10:04 pm

You can also just take screws from the main body of the 310, or even from another gun. I have a huge number of extra screws, because every time a nerf gun/super soaker breaks, a take all the screws out. This gives you plenty of replacements.
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!