Super Soaker XP 90 Pulse Fire

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
-G-JiV-

Super Soaker XP 90 Pulse Fire

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:55 pm

Hi all there, I would like to build up a nozzle, that works as the Super Soaker Pulse fire- ability. I do not have a Pulse fire and isoaker.com does not provide any pics of the mechanic of the pulse-fire-nozzle.

Does anyone know how this "nozzle" does work? Pics would be great or a detailed description, so I know the princip of this kind of firing. Best would be a pic of the opened firing mechanism...

I am thinking of building up a CPS 2000 with such a pulse fire-nozzle, much greater than the XP 90 with big power...may it gives you the feeling of usign a machine gun :D

Post, when you can help me, thanks.

martianshark

Re: Super Soaker XP 90 Pulse Fire

Post by martianshark » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:51 pm

You could try putting a pulsating sprinkler on your water gun. You would probably have to modify it so it will stay in one spot.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:01 pm

martianshark wrote:You could try putting a pulsating sprinkler
I do not think this would work as I want it to...The stream/shoots should keep their full range...Any construction ideas? May i have to get creativ again... :D

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:28 pm

If you know anything about electronics, maybe you could connect some electronic stuff to a solonoid valve that tells it to open and close fast.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:30 pm

Hm^^ may this work...but I would prefer a mechanical construction as SS Pulse fire does use...

Does not know anybody out there how this stupid pulse fire works...?

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:32 pm

I don't know the Pulse Fire, but I have seen an alternative approach, on the Lanard Waterbolt (and others in the line), which involves using an external crank handle to open and close a firing valve. This would be the simplest system to build, especially since most homemades use ball valves anyway.

The Hydroblitz uses yet another method - a secondary CPS chamber is allowed to expand until its expansion physically pushes the lever that opens the firing valve.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:44 pm

cantab wrote:on the Lanard Waterbolt (and others in the line), whi
Can you add a link or anything like that? I cannot follow you at the moment, I do not know these weapons...
The hydroblitz uses a nice system, but i would like to build up something that open and close every second or may faster...just like the " AK 47 " assault rifle...

By the way, this is the SS Puls fire(or XP 90)
http://isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis/199 ... _xp90.html

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:45 pm

The XP 90 isn't really like a machine gun, more like a nozzle that is moving backwards and forwards to create a wide fan.

If you want a "machine gun" then you might look at the saturator ak-47's on ebay, to get an idea of design.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:47 pm

Really ? ...Hm, how does it move for and backwards? Spring? That is not good, I hoped to build up a machine gun based on this mechanical construction...

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:29 pm

cantab wrote:The Hydroblitz uses yet another method - a secondary CPS chamber is allowed to expand until its expansion physically pushes the lever that opens the firing valve.
Hmm. that reminds me of the Shot blast's system. I did not know they were so similar.

does anyone know how moving the pipe forward and back makes it pulse?

Also, a spring would only move it one way.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:27 am

Cantab's post gave me an idea... You could saw off the thing on the ball valve that stops it from turning all the way around. Then you just have to build a crank for it, and you can spin it around to make it open and close.

Killi101

Post by Killi101 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:52 am

well speaking of a pulse, the other day i dismantled my metal ball valve to see how it was internally. on the side of it it has a 90 degree restrictor for the lever, when i took the lever off i could keep on rotating the valve, if you can saw off the restrictor which looks pretty easy for me you could keep on rotating from open close only problem is finding the close position when needed and your hand cant really rotate 360 either easily
Water:
dont like drinking much
like to throw it at people

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:38 am

That is also a possibility, but the pulse should be operated by the water stream itself, as it is done at XP 90 Pulse fire. If you rotate such a metal ball, there is always a time where the it is not open and not closed, something between which will make you loose much water...

The construction have to be operated without or just will really less power, otherwise the stream looses lots of power and range.

Killi101

Post by Killi101 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:52 pm

try a paddle wheel, with long intervals, when the stream hits it it moves, it spins and creates a small interval between each shot.
Water:
dont like drinking much
like to throw it at people

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:14 pm

That would work, but would waste a lot of water in spray.
I'm a dude