The Small Question Thread

General water gun discussion.
cantab

Re: The Small Question Thread

Post by cantab » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:28 pm

The Flash Flood is much more moddable. Possible mods include colossus for more power, PC case expansion for more shot time, drilling the stream nozzle for more output, adapting the flood nozzle to take custom nozzles for a big fat long-range range, and fitting a much larger backpack than the Max Infusion ones.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

BobyKiller

Post by BobyKiller » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Thanks a lot so you say that I should buy the Flash Flood... But another question : Where can I find tutorials of the flash flood mods... (In the example it needs to be a flash flood so I understand :rolleyes: I'm noob!)

Thanks again for the answer

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Look in the modifications section of this site, and you are going to want the collossus and nozzle drilling modification tutorials.

But also, don't buy the FF unless you have only small scale wars, aka only recent guns involved, because if you come up against a CPS, you're going to get drenched.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

BobyKiller

Post by BobyKiller » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:46 pm

ok but it's only for small fights with my friends... They have pistols and sh*** like that ;)

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Okay, then you should have a great gun, at least with the mods.
Quack damn you.

BobyKiller

Post by BobyKiller » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Thanks

A last question : Is a nozzle better when it's little or big ? (sorry for all those questions I'm really noob)

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:54 pm

Questions are always fine, and are the main way that we can learn.

As to the nozzles, it depends on whether you want a long shot time and good distance, but not much power (small nozzle), or if you want less distance and short shot time, but massive power (large nozzle).
Quack damn you.

BobyKiller

Post by BobyKiller » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Thank you very much

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:21 pm

BobyKiller wrote:Thanks

A last question : Is a nozzle better when it's little or big ? (sorry for all those questions I'm really noob)
The ideal nozzle depends on the gun - in particular, the size of the valve and tubing leading up to it. For a given gun, there will be a nozzle size that gives optimum range. Smaller nozzles will have less range because their thin stream is more affected by air resistance. But they do shoot for longer. Larger nozzles will have less range because the water is shot at a lower speed, but they'll shoot more water per second so soaking the target more.

Most people tend to prefer the biggest nozzle that still gets good range, unless it gets through water too quickly.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

BobyKiller

Post by BobyKiller » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:41 am

Ok but do you know if the originial nozzle of the flash flood is ok ? Or if I need to change it ?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:46 am

BobyKiller, whether something is "okay" is determined by the person who uses the gun. So after you buy the gun, test it to evaluate whether you like the current nozzle diameter. If you don't, you should have an idea of whether you want to enlarge of reduce the diameter.

Be aware that the Flash Flood's normal nozzle can't be made much larger as the tubing leading to it is fairly thin. The nozzle can't be any larger than the tubing as the tubing will be the main restriction on the flow and enlarging the nozzle beyond that won't improve performance.

BobyKiller

Post by BobyKiller » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:31 pm

Ok thank you a lot. I should go buy the gun today or tomorrow...

Edit : I was reading on how to do the colossus and I was wondering : What does this really do? So thanks to everybody that will answer
Last edited by BobyKiller on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I had a new question...

BobyKiller

Post by BobyKiller » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Ok? but i was only wondering what does the Colossus does to your gun ? (What does it ameliorates?)
If I make mistakes in english, please say it to me... I am only a poor french guy from Quebec...

Thanks

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:19 pm

Ignore that last response, I was looking at the previous page.

But collussusing your water gun improves the tension in the PC. This is because when you layer rubber over existing rubber, it wants to contract faster. This gives you more power, and a slightly smaller shot time.
Quack damn you.

BobyKiller

Post by BobyKiller » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:21 pm

So if I do it to my FF it will shot for longer time and further?
If I make mistakes in english, please say it to me... I am only a poor french guy from Quebec...

Thanks