Riot blast?

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Fredcompany

Riot blast?

Post by Fredcompany » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:00 pm

How do you make a riot blast on an APH?
Is it just the water gun fully pressurised and no endcap, or do you use a special nozzle to scatter the water?
I'm a dude

Killi101

Re: Riot blast?

Post by Killi101 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Even i want to know, what i was thinking on my aph, is that it has extra 1 pc with a tap valve so you can use it at any time. extra pressure is what i would try, end caps would have to be welded if using copper i assume.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:43 pm

I haven't done it before, but you need a good amount of power going out. The Flash Flood basically has no nozzle at all and relies on pure power to push the blast out. The CPS 4100 can also get a fairly decent riot blast (though not as good as the FF but has longer shot time) by tampering with the fan blast nozzle. The entire front of that nozzle is removed so only the back remains, which seems to shape the blast slightly.

If you're using 1/2" barrels (pipe and firing valve behind the nozzle) and aren't getting good blasts out of that, you're not getting enough pressure. Try to pump it up more. If you're using 3/4" you may need to reduce to a smaller nozzle to get a riot blast.

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:44 pm

On my APH (Which is currently being built) I'm having problems finding anything to connect a copper pipe to a bottle, so for ease of building, I was thinking of turning it into a CPH-ish gun, with a CPS chamber (made from balloons) in a case, instead of the plastic bottle.

I also have one of those old "honk horns" - not sure what they're actually called, which I have tried on the APH instead of balloons (its roughly CPS chamber shaped), but I was scared of it popping, as it isn't designed for pressure.
Just to clear that last explanation up, I was using just the rubber squeezy bit, not the whole horn.

Here's a pic:
http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/images/horn800.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm a dude

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:32 am

I have one of those; they're usually used as bike horns. The bulb is definitely not designed to expand nor take pressure so that's a very poor choice to use. Use latex rubber party balloons instead, which can be stacked up much like how it's done in a k-mod.

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:59 am

I've got my APH working now - it has a pressure chamber made of the reservoir of an old PR water gun, which fits perfectly on a 15mm-22mm adapter.

Unfortunately all it can do is the riot blast, because I don't have the parts left to make a nozzle, and I don't have any money left either!
I'm a dude

Killi101

Post by Killi101 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:19 pm

i know your pain, but if you got a reducer, put it on the end of the containment cap, you can use coke or pepsi bottles, they do fit on the screwing end as far as i can remember. i know you found something but in the future... for the nozzle just use and endcap and drill a hole in it, its not that expensive, problem is that you cant switch them unless you tape them
Water:
dont like drinking much
like to throw it at people

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:33 am

If you have a water balloon filler nozzle lying around, chances are you can attach it. I'm not sure about the UK, but in the US, balloon fillers are 3/4" and thread to 3/4" PVC. If you are using a similar standard on your APH, it should work. While these nozzles may not be the most durable, the cleanly manufactured nozzles can get great range. Drilled endcaps are rough nozzles and can never produce good streams, unless you happen to have some sort of tool that can smooth out the inside though there's none that I know of.

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:25 am

I tried to drill an endcap, and it took about ten minutes to get a mm into it. (the only drill bits I have that are small enough for a nozzle are actually for wood)
I'm a dude

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:54 am

Nozzles can be pretty large. I have made 1/4" ones that work as a pretty good 10x for an APH. If you are only making 1mm nozzles, I'd advise redrilling your endcaps.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:18 pm

My nozzle at the moment (I found a rubber bung that just fitted the copper pipe) is about 4 or 5 mm
I'm a dude

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:21 pm

Get metal drilling bits?
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:37 pm

I havent got any money though so I'll have to dig some out of my garage.
I'm a dude