Question about Douchenator

Threads related to water balloon launchers.
cantab

Re: Question about Douchenator

Post by cantab » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:25 pm

I don't know how it compares performance-wise, but a pressurised reservoir homemade would circumvent the pump issue, since you just use a bike pump.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:37 am

How do you layer balloons? I managed to get 12 on, but that's all.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:55 am

just got a crazy idea. what i you did a paper mache type thing to make the PC case? I you used balloons to make it, It would be perfect.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:45 am

It would probably break too easily. :/

Still, how do you layer balloons?

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:58 am

For that you need to check the K-mod article, it explains in depth how to layer balloons. (Hint: You need to use good quality balloons, preferably 12 inch helium.)
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:18 am

I shudder at the idea of PR homemades for several reasons. First, you cannot fill while shooting PR's (though I guess the same applies for the stubborn homemade backpacks with stiff caps), and PR's don't work well at higher water capacities. When water starts running out, a larger tank will demand more and more pumping. PR's are, by their nature, the best design for small, compact blasters, and a small, compact homemade is considerably tricky to make. (not to mention rather pointless considering the number of quality PR's in stores)

Stacking/layering balloons is nearly impossible without trimming their necks. You'll have to do this first but don't cut them down too far. (leave at least 3/8" or more of the neck intact) Stretch the first balloon over a hose barb that's about as large as the balloon neck itself; 1/2" should be a good size. Once you put the last layer on, move the clamp in place (you may need to have the clamp on before putting any balloons on) and tighten. You'll need at least 40 balloons to see any decent results, but 80 is a better mininum to stick with. In the past, people have k-modded with as many as 80 balloons, plus you have the stock PC! For the homemade, if you want to reach a power level that high (beware that it will be difficult to pump) you will need more balloons. Of course, if you're not using the water gun for 1 hit kill games, all that power may not be necessary.

Chernobyl

Post by Chernobyl » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:11 am

what's a PR homemade