Problem with Flash FLood

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Chernobyl

Problem with Flash FLood

Post by Chernobyl » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:41 pm

So I just came back to the forums from a long break. And I took out my water old water guns I have one flash flood and an arctic shock. And I was using the flash flood today and suddenly It just stopped working. I pressed the trigger but no stream came out. The riot blast worked however so I'm not sure If I should open it up or what.
All help is appreciate d
Thanks

Kimura

Re: Problem with Flash FLood

Post by Kimura » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:38 am

Shake the gun and listen if you can hear anything rattling around. Most likely the spring for the trigger broke. Either that and/or tone of the plastic pegs that holds the spring broke. Happened to mine a couple years ago, just fixed it a few days ago. It's a common problem with the Max-D trigger guns.

Chernobyl

Post by Chernobyl » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:52 am

Strange I opened it up and I had only half the screws on and I tried toi open it with the screws because some couldn't get out. and then I fired it and it started working. Weird. But I noticed that the trigger is supposed to click when It was broken It didn't I didn't even really have to do anything and it worked.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:37 am

Don't close it up yet! This happened to my arctic blast and it's because the spring is too weak. You can sometimes get it to work again just by opening it up, but very soon it'll stop working again. What you need to do is get a new stainless steel spring and replace it with the old one. Now it should be entirely fixed.

Chernobyl

Post by Chernobyl » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:41 am

Oh darn I closed it but it works fine for now. But when I pumped it alot for a big flash flood the stream wasn't working but after I emptied the tank it worked again.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:03 am

Hmm... I guess the Flood nozzle needs a new spring too?

Chernobyl

Post by Chernobyl » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:07 am

no what I'm saying is the riot blast worked but when I pumped it alot the small stream didn't work. But after I emptied the tank the stream worked fine

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:44 am

That might mean that the trigger valve for the smaller stream is forced closed when the PC is full. I would open the gun again and check to see if the spring is underexpanding the valve, or if there is another problem.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.