Orange CPS FlashFlood

Advertisements on soakers for sale. Sellers post here!
zacharious8

Orange CPS FlashFlood

Post by zacharious8 » Thu May 21, 2009 4:45 pm

I have become very good at mods on the FlashFlood. I have 5 more unmoded FlashFloods in org packing. I am wondering what a fully modded FlashFlood is worth.

Mods

7-9 layer Colossus. The gun can handle 9 layers but will take a stronger person to fill the PC.

Cut out and plug the safy valve with plummers epoxy. Best way and never leaks.

Drill nossel to any size wanted. Bigger the nossel the faster you soak someone but in turn you get less time and reduced range.

Zero leaks and clean modding.

Zach

Silence

Re: Orange CPS FlashFlood

Post by Silence » Thu May 21, 2009 8:36 pm

What they sells for depends on how you market them. A professional-looking page on eBay may help.

Why plug the pressure release valve? I wouldn't want a bladder or anything exploding in my water gun...it's there for a reason, and doing mods only make breakage more likely. In my opinion, you should colossus as much as possible without having to plug the safety valve.

Some type of reinforcement for the Max-D valve system would be very nice, but that's not too marketable. At any rate, buyers may be unhappy and they may blame you, rightly or wrongly, if their water gun breaks.

zacharious8

Post by zacharious8 » Thu May 21, 2009 10:03 pm

Simply to answer your question the pressure relase valve must be plugged or you cannot expand the pressure chamber. Which means you would have a water gun that does not shoot water.

Now if somone only wanted a 4 layer colossus then I could leave the safty valvue in. I am unsure if it would completely fill the chamber but I would work.

Breakage. If you have ever had a modded soaker you can feel when the chamber is full. It become very hard to pump, then if you really force it something fails.

The gun does not explode when this happens. An internal part cracks and pressure forces water out of these cracks and you now have a leaky gun that still works but leaks alot.

Zach

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri May 22, 2009 10:34 pm

Right, I was suggesting a 4-layer colossus. Remember, a buyer may not know when to stop pumping.

You probably don't want to generalize based on a few incidents. Bladder rupture happens all the time, although usually as a result of the rubber thinning out and weakening over time. And I remember Ben saying he had a water gun whose bladder ruptured because it was overpumped. Granted, that was a homemade with strong pipe and fittings, but the bladder did break.

I mentioned the bladder above, but as you said, that's not necessarily the only thing that'll break. Leaky tubing isn't going to make user happy, either.

zacharious8

Post by zacharious8 » Mon May 25, 2009 6:57 am

Silence you have completely put me off on this fourm. Your the admin for this site. Wow how many others have you run off. Sorry for entering your small world. Kindly delete my account and I will never return.

Thanks super cool super soaker know it all.

zach

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon May 25, 2009 7:51 pm

I'm sorry you took offense at my comments. My only point was that a modded soaker can be more susceptible to breakage.

As I said, put it up and see what people offer...I can't judge its value myself because I've never seen a modded Flash Flood for sale before.