Homemades For sale

Advertisements on soakers for sale. Sellers post here!
adronl

Homemades For sale

Post by adronl » Thu May 07, 2009 2:43 am

NEW REVISION So there are 7 built water guns up for sale but the auctions have not been listed on E-bay yet due to a couple of hold ups.

First the pads for the backpacks have not come in yet. I can't really mount them without the backpacks so that is pretty obvious.

Second today we were going to shoot some video to post on youtube.com. First problem the girl in the white tee shirt fell through. Then video guy had to meet with an animator for a show he is pitching to adult swim. This may sound not so good but we hadn't really made a lot of plans and set them in stone and you can't really complain about free work.

Next Thursday though will be the wet tee shirt day and I believe we already have one extremely hot young lady to do the shoot maybe we can round up a couple more. Also another director I work with is totally interested in doing it and is set for Thursday as well HD camera's ready :D

Through out the week we will be getting footage while at work. Keep your fingers crossed for the girls in white tee shirts!!!!!
Last edited by adronl on Thu May 21, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gltucker

Re: Homemade's For sale

Post by gltucker » Thu May 07, 2009 4:33 am

I'm interested in getting a watergun. It is for my 10 yr old son to go to a watergun party.
Can you send me a picture & price? send to: gliske@yahoo.com.

adronl

Post by adronl » Thu May 07, 2009 6:40 am

Well I should have been more specific these are more of a 16+ gun unless under close adult supervision. The smaller of the 2 sizes holds a max water weight of 43.53 lbs and the larger holds 65.34 lbs. These figures do not include the weight of pack itself also these figures are high you would probably want to leave more room for air than that decreasing the weight. These are seriously high powered they will hold well over a hundred psi I do not recommend much more than that at this time. With this much power though and they get lighter quickly. I plan on doing more testing and listing more technical specs on valves and pressure for the pipes.
Last edited by adronl on Mon May 11, 2009 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 07, 2009 4:25 pm

@gltucker: Yep, for a 10 year old you should be able to buy a respectable water gun, and it would be cheaper than a homemade, too.

@adronl: I haven't seen homemade water guns for sale before - looks interesting. Do you have any pictures? Would you paint them if somebody asked you to?

adronl

Post by adronl » Thu May 07, 2009 5:15 pm

Pictures will be coming very soon I am currently producing them. Yes I can paint them and add modifications for quick filling but of course extras cost more. I will have pictures up within 5-7 days.

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu May 07, 2009 6:03 pm

adronl, have you built ANY homemades before?
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

adronl

Post by adronl » Thu May 07, 2009 7:28 pm

Yes my first prototype holds 3.91 us gallons and holds 105psi at least that is the highest that we tested it at the next generation will hold more but is only as strong as it's weakest link the pressure valve and the hose for dispensing. I can post pictures of that right now. I will have pictures up for everything else asap I should be receiving parts that are on special order tomorrow. As for children I could produce a model less powerful and holds less water.

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu May 07, 2009 9:28 pm

Cool.

The capacities are HUGE. Is it a backpack reservoir? If not, the gun's going to be very unwieldy, especially the largest size.

What's the range, output and shot time like on these things?
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

adronl

Post by adronl » Thu May 07, 2009 9:59 pm

It is meant as a backpack reservoir and the backpack is not included it literally has a garden hose for dispensing it comes with a 3/8 inch nozzle. You can upgrade your nozzle on your own to get more distance I will also post approximate test results with the supplied nozzle. on my first you could empty the almost 4 gallons in less than 40-60 seconds but that is wide open no pauses

adronl

Post by adronl » Fri May 08, 2009 12:17 am

Here are a few pics of my first build. Lets just say that the next generation which I am offering will be far more capable, less bulky, tougher and higher capacity

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Silence on Sat May 09, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri May 08, 2009 12:36 am

RIGHT. Now I see what you're doing. A tried and tested design.

The black looks very good. Always looks better than white IMHO.

How exactly is it filled? I presume the top valve is for air. Do you have to fill it through the hose?
Arsenal:

adronl

Post by adronl » Fri May 08, 2009 1:27 am

Yup but the newer model is a single 8" pipe in two differing lengths. The pressure is added by the high pressure valve stem (like what you car has but hard core) to fill it hook it up to any air pump like at a gas station or in your garage check the pressure as you go. For water you simply fill it in the tub the faucet for a quick fill you need to hold the valve stem in to relieve pressure as you go or it with burp water up at you. If you want to get fancy you get a male to male adapter and hook it up to the outside faucet and you will get pressure and water at the same time don't forget to leave your water valve on. Also on the new model I plan on testing a quick fill port that will be included if testing goes well and it isn't more troublesome than it's worth.

I did a distance test this evening and I got a distance of 52 feet tonight with my origional prototype. The newer will more efficiently force water out in a fluid dynamic straight shot with no diversions only gentle curves of the hose due to the high pressure. For reference though the new fill port will include the high pressure valve on the 2 inch cap for easy replacement if needed the. The scale on the picture below is a bit off. A - high pressure valve B - 3/4 inch outlet C - 2 inch cap D - 8 inch diameter tank

Image there you go
Last edited by Silence on Sat May 09, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adronl

Re: Homemades For sale

Post by adronl » Fri May 08, 2009 8:33 am

The price is going to be about 150.00+ shipping and I will do international. I will be listing on E-bay soon 1 maybe 2 auctions at a time at a time. For members here I leave this invitation open.

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Fri May 08, 2009 7:42 pm

150. You can build a homemade for 50 dollars. That's sheer profit

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri May 08, 2009 8:07 pm

It depends, I suppose.

These water guns look to be a bit more expensive if that's pressure-rated tubing (as it should be), plus you get a frame backpack. Also consider the amount of time spending building - probably not too much if business picks up.

Regardless of how much the water gun's worth, I personally wouldn't pay the premium.