cantab promoted to administrator

Community news posted by the SSC staff.
SSCBen

cantab promoted to administrator

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:37 pm

After a little discussion, the staff decided to promote cantab to forum administrator. Initially I was resistant to having more administrators because we didn't require more, but I can't see any harm coming from this and I will be somewhat busy this semester, so an extra hand would be helpful. Welcome to the staff cantab!

Silence

Re: cantab promoted to administrator

Post by Silence » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:21 pm

Welcome aboard! :cool:

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:26 am

Cool.

So, someone needs to fill me in. What exactly is the difference between mods and admins? Ie, what can admins do and mods can't?
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:26 pm

Administrators can change things like forum descriptions, view statistics, edit the forum style, etc. Check out the difference between the moderator's and administrator's control panels and you'll see the difference. The link is on the bottom right in the top of the blue footer part.

There are no moderators any longer, so it doesn't really make a difference though. Edit: Nope, I forgot I made isoaker_com a moderator. There's really no difference though unless you're in to editing the forum's details.
Last edited by SSCBen on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:30 pm

Congratulations. Make yourself at home. :cool:

This thus makes SSC's forum administration 33% British. I wonder (idly) what the geographical distribution of our members is.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.