Store now accepting orders

Community news posted by the SSC staff.
SSCBen

Store now accepting orders

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 18, 2008 4:31 pm

With the school year coming to a close for me I would like to start accepting orders for the SSC Store. If you want a powerful water gun but do not want to build, this is your chance. We can operate the store during summer only due to time constraints.

Anything on the website I can build. Any idea you have we can build if it is feasible too. Let me know by sending me a PM or an email. We'll discuss things after that.

Edit: As I said on the store page, I would like to finish the orders I have received so far before starting on some new ones, so the store is not accepting new orders at the moment but feel free to send an email again to take your place in line.
Last edited by SSCBen on Tue May 27, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CPSMaster2000

Re: Store now accepting orders

Post by CPSMaster2000 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:26 pm

MY CPS 2700 broke a couple years back, can't hold pressure and the trigger mechanism is broke, how much would it cost to fix? I live in Vancouver Canada.

Cheers,

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 31, 2008 4:34 pm

I'm not so sure if Ben plans to fix water guns (other than ones he's built). At any rate, it's probably cheaper to buy another or fix it yourself, unless Ben's skimping on his profit margins, which he shouldn't need to do. :cool:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 31, 2008 5:39 pm

I'll reiterate what I said on the store page: repairs of manufactured water guns are unlikely mainly because of the high shipping cost back and forth. I also can not make any guarantees on repairs and I'd really hate receiving a water gun only to look at it and say "Gee, there's absolutely nothing I can do." Post a new thread about what's wrong with your CPS 2700 in detail at our repairs forum and I'm sure you could get some reasonable repair advice. ;)

With that being said I have considered buying broken water guns are very low prices (probably no more than $5 plus the cost of shipping). If you can't repair it and don't want to, I might be interested in buying to see what I could do and potentially if any repairs pages on our website could be made. After that I could ship it back to you if I decide I don't want it. I have considered this because if it's broken beyond repair, it's my problem, not your problem.

You also could keep the water gun and resell the parts when someone needs one. The trigger mechanism might be broken, but if someone has a popped bladder or a broken pump valve assembly they could use your parts.