CPS 4100 break and Flash Flood and Devastator trigger repairs

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
danDdestroyer

CPS 4100 break and Flash Flood and Devastator trigger repairs

Post by danDdestroyer » Mon May 19, 2008 8:06 pm

Hello all
during my last water war, yesterday, my CPS 4100 when pumped, slowly leaked the water and air from the bladder back into the tank
plz help

also, my flash flood's trigger broke, wondering how to open it,

and my bros devastator broke, the trigger again, just wondering how to fix that

Silence

Re: CPS 4100 break and Flash Flood and Devastator trigger repairs

Post by Silence » Mon May 19, 2008 9:00 pm

How much of the water leaked back? How quickly?

For the other repairs please see our water gun repairs section or search the forums.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 19, 2008 10:00 pm

Welcome to SSC!

I don't know if you've read the sticky threads here because it seems like you haven't. Read this to help us help you: http://forums.sscentral.org/t2227/

From what you've described, your CPS 4100 might have a broken pressure relief valve. More testing to determine how slow the leak is could be helpful. This sounds like your problem: http://www.sscentral.org/repairs/not_fu ... rging.html

You could have a clogged valve which can be fixed with pipe cleaners and repeated shooting of the water gun. I've also read of someone using high concentration HCl to eat away a clog, but I wouldn't recommend that or any other nasty chemicals unless you are sure they are compatible with the water gun's materials. You could also have a simply broken pressure relief valve, and in that case the only repair is pressure relief valve disabling.

The problem could be in one of the check valves (one way valves) that make the pump assembly work, but that would only be the case if the leak back into the water reservoir was slow. It could be a clog or it could be simply a broken check valve. The clog instructions are the same as for the pressure relief valve, but you can't remove this valve and expect the water gun to work so do you cut this valve out unless you know what you're doing. You can replace the valve with another check valve, but it would be a sloppy repair that I would only suggest for the most confident and those who have nothing to lose by repairing their water gun. If your problem is a broken check valve I will explain to you a procedure that should work.

danDdestroyer

Post by danDdestroyer » Mon May 19, 2008 10:12 pm

thanks, its very slow, and it slowly releases the pressure back into the tank
btw
where can I get epoxy?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 19, 2008 10:14 pm

You can get epoxy from a hardware or home improvement store like Lowes or Home Depot. Hobby stores have it. Wal*Mart has it. It's everywhere. Go to any of the stores I mentioned and ask for it. If you don't want to leave your house you can get it from McMaster-Carr. Read this article too: http://www.sscentral.org/repairs/glue.html

danDdestroyer

Post by danDdestroyer » Mon May 19, 2008 10:18 pm

okay, thanks
also
are there any how to's on fixing like
a completely trashed 3200
we well, hooked the hose connector to
an actual hose, the gun charged itself and gained like
20 ft of range, but then we didnt fire it for a minute and
it exploded, like
literally, right in my hands, the inside blew up

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 19, 2008 10:48 pm

Again, you'll have to describe the problem in more detail. Can you get a picture so we can see the break? What part exploded? This stuff matters.

If the CPS bladder burst try this repair. If the plastic broke try this repair. If it's something else, look at the repairs section thoroughly, search, and if you can't find an answer post here in detail as described in the sticky threads.

As for the earlier mentioned broken triggers, you'll have to describe how the trigger broke because there are multiple ways they could have broken. Is the trigger no longer opening the valve? Is the trigger snapped in half or cracked? Again, more detail helps. If the trigger snapped then this repair works: http://www.sscentral.org/repairs/snapped_trigger.html

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon May 19, 2008 10:49 pm

Do you mean that the rubber bladder that is the pressure chamber blew up? We have an article on how to replace it.

In the future, don't do anything like that to a gun. In my opinion that was just asking to break it.

As always, any pictures will greatly help us diagnose the problems with your guns.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

danDdestroyer

Post by danDdestroyer » Mon May 19, 2008 10:52 pm

It was asking to break it
yeaaahhhh
it worked really well while it did though
theres nothing like watching the pressure gauge go up 4 u

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon May 19, 2008 11:07 pm

All that the pressure gauge is tell how full the pressure chamber is; in order words it's not really a pressure gauge but a fill gauge. I just wanted you to know that those kind of things tend to break guns. Basically what you did was fill the chamber until it literally popped like a balloon.

Good luck with the repairs! If you have anymore questions or need some clarification, don't hesitate to ask.

danDdestroyer

Post by danDdestroyer » Tue May 20, 2008 1:21 am

Thank you
also, from my friends, I learned that the guns we need to repair are, well
I need to repair, are, 2 flash floods, 1 CPS 3200, 1 Drenchenator, 1 arctic shock, 1 maxD arctic shock, a max D 5000, a max D 2000, and a Max D 3000

Yea....
do you guys have instructions for that
just general gun pics and things

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 20, 2008 1:27 am

It depends on what's wrong with each water gun. Once again, check out the repairs section for a list of everything we know that could go wrong.

Pictures won't be of much use as you'll need to open the soakers to fix them anyway. But if you're interest, check out our extensive galleries. The internals pictures would be the most useful. And if you can't find pictures of the exact soaker you're trying to fix, use pictures from a similar soaker.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Tue May 20, 2008 1:31 am

I need to repair, are, 2 flash floods, 1 CPS 3200, 1 Drenchenator, 1 arctic shock, 1 maxD arctic shock, a max D 5000, a max D 2000, and a Max D 3000
Could you please post what is wrong with each one individually? It sounds like you got a lot of work ahead if you want to repair everyone. Hopefully many of the repairs'll be simple.

danDdestroyer

Post by danDdestroyer » Tue May 20, 2008 7:22 pm

okay,
here goes,
The liquidator had a broken spring, fixed that
Trashed the 3200, was the hardest thing I've ever done, but it was completely toasted
Okay, the 1st arctic shock water comes out when its pumped and trigger doesnt work
flash flood 1, trigger broke
Flash Flood 2 trigger spring broken
Devastator, trigger broken,
Max D 5000, trigger sticky
Max D 3000 same problem
Max D 2000 same again
Max D arctic shock, normal trigger is broken
also known as
ONE FUN WEEKEND!!

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 20, 2008 8:49 pm

Did this all happen in one weekend? Or are you talking about this weekend when you sit down to fix the soakers?

We have a repair guide for broken triggers. With the first Arctic Shock, there are a couple different issues that might exist - it depends on where the leak is, but we do have repair articles on several places. And I'm not sure why the MD5K's trigger is sticky, so you'll have to open your water gun to find the problem.