HELP!?!? Max infusion overload

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Pepperpretzel2

HELP!?!? Max infusion overload

Post by Pepperpretzel2 » Sat May 17, 2008 1:55 pm

:eek: My son got this max infusion overload last fall. Unfortunately it was leaking but we didn't have a slip and the store was out of them so we couldn't replace it so it sat all winter. I finally pulled it apart and found a clean through break on one of the joints. I have managed to fix that with epoxy but now that I'm trying to re-assemble I have one small piece remaining that I don't think is anything more than a securing brace for one of the hoses? this last piece is a small flat back orange colored (about the size of a small piece of gum) and it has a raised round screw mount on one end and a tab that comes off the back in the same direction as the screw mount hole, AND the big problem is that the nozzle doesn't have the click feel when it should be locking into place and it leaks between the O ring and the nozzle selection piece. I can't recall any other piece that might have been in there to have given it the tension and lock but I'm obviously missing something here. We had bagged all of the parts while I was working the epoxy (or I thought we did anyway).

I'm trying to find my pic card reader so I can upload some pics. Anyone have any ideas or some pictures of the full internals of the Overload. I looked at the one linked site regarding the trigger repair for this model but that looks like what I have together, I don't see this rogue part in the pics and I don't see what the tensioner/lock looks like either.

HELP!

CROC

Re: HELP!?!? Max infusion overload

Post by CROC » Sat May 17, 2008 2:43 pm

Surprisingly enough, there are no internal photos that are readily available.

Chances are that the little piece is the thing that causes the clicking noise. There should be a spring, and a cap like thing. This pushes the nozzle on to the valve (It creates a seal between the nozzle and O-ring. That is all that you need to fix it.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

Pepperpretzel2

Post by Pepperpretzel2 » Sat May 17, 2008 6:53 pm

Yup your right, I did find the spring and cap under the chair, now the problem is I think this got ripped down to far and I have no idea how to assemble the three pieces together or where they go on the gun itself.

Pepperpretzel2

:confused:

CROC

Post by CROC » Sat May 17, 2008 7:01 pm

Ok, so there should be a hole just above the nozzle, in which the spring and cap should be able to fit. The spring goes in first, then the cap, then the nozzle selector goes on top of it all. It's the same system with all the guns with nozzle selectors.

If you're still having trouble, point the gun towards you like as though you are going to shoot yourself with it. There will be a hole. Put the spring and cap into the hole, and then put the nozzle selector over the top of the assembly. It's easier to do this if you hold the gun vertically, but it is possible to do it horizontally.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

Pepperpretzel2

FIXED IT!!!

Post by Pepperpretzel2 » Sat May 17, 2008 7:37 pm

:) Thanks Croc, I appreciate all your help. Really bad that I didn't realize that the spring just sits in the small cup space. I was trying to mount the spring directly to the unit not just have it free floating.

Thanks again!