Latex rubber tubing article

Threads about how water guns work and other miscellaneous water gun technology threads.
SSCBen

Latex rubber tubing article

Post by SSCBen » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:14 am

Since I will be home for the next week for spring break, I can work on some website articles. I'll be working on the guide to the forums and a latex rubber tubing article mainly.

I'll look through a bunch of threads for questions, but if you have any questions before or after I add the article, let me know here or in one of the recent topics about LRT.

Just from the top of my head, I will explain where to buy LRT, how to choose it, how pressure is determined in LRT, how layering of tubes works, how the tubes expand, how they get constant pressure, etc. I'm hoping to make some videos and animations of LRT expanding to help everyone understand how it works.

CROC

Re: Latex rubber tubing article

Post by CROC » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:33 pm

You may also want to mention something about how useless the Home Depot LRT is. It has no strength, but it comes in 10ft lengths.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:19 pm

A rough outline for this article is done. Usually that's all I need to finish the article. I've been procrastinating on this break, but I should be able to get something done.

I also (finally) got an email back about the special tubing I wanted to order. It's not looking good, at least for the moment. The minimum order is 200 feet at $6.265 per foot for $1253 total.

Let me know here if you would be interested in buying some of this tubing in the future. If a couple of us combine out money we might be able to get most of the way there and then we could wait several months for the ad revenue to build up. I'd still have to sell at steeper than I had hoped to make up for the "investment" if you want to call it that, but at least we'd have the tubing and plenty of it

Luckily this tubing doesn't go bad during storage (at least in my experience), so this 200 feet could go a long ways.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:06 pm

I would wait and finalize the SSC Store before continuing. And for even more security, you could have people pay for preorders. You don't want to end up with a $1000 mess... ;)