APH guide feedback

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
SSCBen

APH guide feedback

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:11 am

I'm going to start posting threads for feedback on individual pages/sub-sections. The website's a big one, so asking for feedback on the entire thing might not be very helpful.

Check out my APH guide: http://www.sscentral.org/homemade/aph/

I've tried to go out of my way to make this one as easy to understand as possible. While it's not 100% complete because the customizations page needs some more information, it's very close.

Could some people read through this guide and comment on it? I'm mostly interested in whether or not you think it is helpful to people new to homemade water guns. I tried to make everything as simple as possible and I spent a lot of time thinking about what sort of questions people will have. I'm sure there are some spelling, grammar, and writing flow errors in some of those pages at the very least.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions. It'll help everyone out in the end. :)

Silence

Re: APH guide feedback

Post by Silence » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:40 am

I can't get to reading it in detail right now, but perhaps you should have a link in the article itself to this thread.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:47 am

Good idea. I've added the link. It might not be prominent enough, but it's there.

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:55 am

Looks really good. I don't think anyone will have any questions left after reading that. :) One thing though, is there a reason that there isn't a 'next' button on each page? I think it would be better than going back to the table of contents each time.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:57 am

The reason why there is no next button is that I didn't think of it. Great idea. I'll add it right now. Thanks a bunch because that'll help people immensely.

Edit: I've added next buttons. Should I add previous buttons as well? I don't know if that will just confuse people. Right now I'm going to add a few more images to the completed page.
Last edited by SSCBen on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:14 am

I think that next and and a table of contents button would be good. I don't think a previous button would confuse people but I'm not sure whether it's necessary.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:27 am

By confuse, I meant some people might click on the previous button without reading the word previous thinking it will take them forward. I remember reading somewhere about that, but I'll admit it's unlikely, especially with the word previous in the link.

A table of contents link is good too. I'm adding that right now.

Hmm... we went down for a minute or two but we're back now.

Edit: I've also added a piece of text with "start here" to make it more obvious where to start if people want to build an APH.

Perhaps I should move on to another page for feedback.

General Eggs

Post by General Eggs » Sun May 01, 2011 8:26 pm

What about a "How to fire the APH" page. If I'm right, the APH doesn't have a CPS system so it might be a little confusing to operate. I don't know, it's just a suggestion.
Last edited by General Eggs on Sun May 01, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Mon May 02, 2011 2:43 am

It operates just like your standard separate air pressure chamber gun.
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.

General Eggs

Post by General Eggs » Mon May 02, 2011 11:56 pm

strato_2r5 wrote:It operates just like your standard separate air pressure chamber gun.
Oh, I haven't made one (yet) so I don't exactly know how it works

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Tue May 03, 2011 2:38 am

Here's a run down. CPS (Constant Pressure System) is a gun with a rubber bladder (Usually spherical or cyllindrical)
AP (Air Pressure) Most kinds of water guns are air pressure. They fall into two more categories: AP (Separate pressure chamber guns) and PR (Pressurized reservoir).

Both fire the same way, so if you were to make an air pressure homemade and a constant pressure homemade, the only difference would be that the APH can't fire upsideown. (I know I spelled it wrong)
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed May 04, 2011 3:56 pm

Well, there's other factors, like the role of pre-pumping, and also the ergonomics of using a blaster with a ball valve.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: