Water cannon Question 4 A new B

General water gun discussion.
frodin1

Water cannon Question 4 A new B

Post by frodin1 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:38 pm

Hey there, I'm new here so if i'm posting in the wrong area sorry. I've been looking for some new toys for our boat we just got. What i'm looking for "right now" are plans and or a good palce to find "water cannons". The ones i'm thinking of are just the draw type ones. It's a piece of pipe that fits snugly into another with a pistol grip on the end. A nozzle on the end for water balloon filling. Stick the end in the water and pull back. These used to be on Ebay but I havent seen anything but the cheap immitations lately?? These don't look to difficult to build, anybody have any recommendations or sources?

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:03 pm

You seem to be pretty much talking about Stream Machines or Power Soaker type water blasters. eBay has them on sale from time to time, but if you're up to it, you may be able to build your own for a cheaper amount and better assuming you get the seals done right.

I think Ben or another member has good plans on how to construct one. I believe there will likely be plans on SSC in the future, but there doesn't seem to be any just yet. In terms of building, I, personally, don't have any experience so if you're leaning in that direction, I'm sure someone else can help with that.

If you go the purchasing route, I can help dig up more links, though I believe a Google search for Stream Machine will pull up the product.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:34 pm

IMO, it's a good idea to create a reservoir (if you're building it) so that you don't have to constantly point to the water source to reload. (and you don't need to drag a bucket around either)

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:12 am

Welcome to the Super Soaker Central forums! :)

Yep, do a search in the forums (or use Google, but search forums.sscentral.org) for "river gun" or "stream machine." A bunch of results should come up. A homemade river gun is pretty much just a pump tube with a nozzle selector on the end. It's an extremely simple and efficient water gun!

Note that the smaller the diameter of the tube, the smaller the surface area of the plunger, and the greater the pressures that you can create. So smaller riverguns provide more range. :cool:

@ CA-99: Rivergunners are actually very lucky to be able to use such water guns. With no real valves, there are no flow restrictions whatsoever.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:52 pm

For a river/lake battle, I'd recommend building something with a hose intake that can be submerged in the water while the nozzle kept aimed at one's target. Designs like the Super Soaker Pool Pumper Blaster and Super Soaker Pool Pumper Cannon come to mind. Build a homemade with similar designs, but larger capacities/output and you've got a beast of a blaster for boat-based battles.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::