Hello, and I am relatively new

General water gun discussion.
Owners

Hello, and I am relatively new

Post by Owners » Sun May 27, 2007 2:07 am

Hello, I guess you could call me new since I have just joined but I've been viewing the forums off and on for about a year now. I have developed quite a knowledge of water wars and weapons and even mods and homemades ( I have made 2 douchenators myself), as well as tactical theory and personalities. I have come to water fighting to have fun and a way to spend saturdays like these with more effeciency. Soakem
Rule the day

Cps 4100 Cps 2700 Xp 110 Xp 60 2 FFs Max-D 5000 Max-D 3000 with a CVF and a Tarantula

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun May 27, 2007 2:37 am

Welcome. If you have questions or need help, be sure to read around and/or ask.

I just happen to have a water war this monday (memorial day). I've been on soakerdom (collection of water war oriented forums) for about a year and of course, am still learning. Built a douchenator and CPH a while ago and plan to use both in the monday war.

Many people prefer to post written stories of their water warfare experiences and games. Whats your battlefield like? How many people are usually there? And what kind of guns do you have?

Owners

Post by Owners » Sun May 27, 2007 2:47 am

Thank you for your warm welcome to soakerdom.

My Armory consists of Cps 2700 Cps 4100 Xp 110 Tarantula Max-d 3k and 5k

I have a suburban environment with one moderately sized neighborhood(I'd say half of a square mile) There are 3 small lakes in the neighborhood as well as many useable hoses, and to top it off the whole neighborhood backs up to a crossable bayou with 30 yards of woods on either side to civilization.

I, however can not tell you of any real battles that have taken place.
Rule the day

Cps 4100 Cps 2700 Xp 110 Xp 60 2 FFs Max-D 5000 Max-D 3000 with a CVF and a Tarantula

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun May 27, 2007 2:58 am

Sorry, didn't see your armory list in your signature. Sounds like an interesting battlefield (certainly more interesting than the 2 houses we fight at), do you ever have battles over boats on the lakes?

As for disclosing battle information, my friends aren't terribly into this (though they still come to the wars) and would pretty much never pick up information about what my team is doing through forums. I'm quite sure they are also oblivious to our plan to flank their base at the monday war.

How's your progression? Are you still trying to expand (on teams, armory, etc.) or are things fairly consistent? My wars have gone through some good changes in the past year, with more and more guns showing up, more people getting invited, etc. I'm just trying to expand on the battlefield/find a new one. However, many places around my area lack cover, especially the park nearby. Our current area does pretty good so I think we should just expand by covering more houses, as there are several friends in the neighborhood who come to our water wars.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 27, 2007 3:52 am

Hey, welcome to the forums! Nice to see you've finally joined to community, so have a great stay!

As CA-99 said, feel free to ask any questions or share any information. :cool:

Owners

Post by Owners » Sun May 27, 2007 4:14 am

^Thank you for the welcome Silent Guy

^^Well we have had wars on the canoes just with other types of weaponry, and would be very convenient with water guns on the lakes. My friend's interests have not been sparked yet for water wars but they are very prone to try new things. And I know their competitive spirit will keep them in the sport.

Most of my friends do not have older brothers to supply them with older soakers or have any for that matter. All of the 11 K-Marts in Houston closed down so so much for Orcas and Tigersharks, but Target has MD3k packs and all of the new ss ,better than the 2004 junk, junk. Today i got my Tarantula from TRU and they have fireflys and hornets i think with MD5k packs of2.
Rule the day

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 27, 2007 2:39 pm

Wow, water wars on a lake would be interesting. I presume you've heard of riverguns like the Stream Machine, the waterzooka, and homemade versions.

Water wars on land would also be cool. Try capture the flag or something if you want to have a lot of fun in a competitive environment. :cool:

It's a shame all the KMarts closed down...sounds like somebody bought them out. Max-D 5000s are alright in their own respect, and the trigger is somewhat more durable than the Max-D 3000's...but with both, you might eventually need to do an open trigger valve repair.

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 27, 2007 3:21 pm

Welcome! Enjoy your stay here! :cool:

If you battle on a lake, attach your gun to the canoe by rope or something. M4 has a wild story from when his CPS 1500 fell in and then like a year later they drained the pond for cleaning and found it, still fully functional.

Good luck with creating a team. When I started, my friends weren't into it, but now some are more seriously into it than myself. We started at 2 members, then expanded to 11, and as our wars advertised themselves, 23 and now 38. Since your friends sound like good competitors, I would recommend either OSF [organized soakfest] or OHS [one hit scores]. My players especially enjoy our game type for the scoring element - it makes our games more like a sport and less like a game.

Unfortunately, the best guns are found on Ebay and this is not a great time to buy. Yard sales can be amazing, but the chance of finding $4 CPS 2000s is low. Of course, homemades are another option, but they obviously take more dedication than walking into a store and handing over money. :rolleyes:
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Owners

Post by Owners » Sun May 27, 2007 4:45 pm

Thanks for the encouragement dux, and i believe i have read M4's post about his two recovered 1500s so ill be sure to keep that in mind. And my number of piston based soakers bairly outnumbers my soakers thanks for reminding me of a situation they can come in handy silent guy.
Rule the day