New CPS 2000 webpage

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Wayne

New CPS 2000 webpage

Post by Wayne » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:08 am

I've just posted a new webpage about the discovery of two Mark 1 Super Soaker 2000s I found in my garage. This page has extensive pictures of one gun being disassembled, a burst bladder replaced, and stop action photos of the streams from six different nozzle confirgurations. I hope everyone finds it interesting. The URL is: http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/cp2000.htm

Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Wayne

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:58 am

Great work! I really enjoyed your page. A lot of pictures and some nice experiments. :)

The CPS 2000 is a great water gun , I have a mark 2 and the serial number is 3027. It has right sided decals and has a max range (45 degrees) of about 55ft. Let's hope you can find what's the meaning of these numbers.
Armory: AS Hydroblitz (x2), MI FlashFlood, STE TripleShot, XP Backfire, XP 215, XP 105, XXP 175, Big Bottle BLaster(x2), SC Power Pak, SpeedLoader1000, SpeedLoader 1500, SpeedLoader Double-Cross 3000, CPS Splashzooka (x2), CPS 1200, CPS 1500,CPS 2100, CPS 2000 Mk2, CPS 1-3-5

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:51 am

Very well done webpage. This is definitely something to see. Loads of good information and it has a very necessary repair in it. Hopefully less people will throw away their water guns now that they know they can repair them... one could hope.

I'll get you a little more information about the serial numbers later today from a very old thread I saved from years back. Those numbers probably indicate what factory the CPS 2000 was made in. There was definitely more than 3000 CPS 2000s made, so production number doesn't make sense because most all of them are in the 3000s from what I know. The thought that the last number indicates the year manufactured I personally believe was made up. No one really knows anything about those numbers in honesty, mainly because no one has told us what they mean and no one has done a real study into it.

If you want, post a thread here asking for serial numebrs and I'll sticky it. :)

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:50 pm

@Wayne: great page full of loads of good information and images! Nice experimentation on screen and stream results, too!
Ben wrote:Those numbers probably indicate what factory the CPS 2000 was made in. There was definitely more than 3000 CPS 2000s made, so production number doesn't make sense because most all of them are in the 3000s from what I know. The thought that the last number indicates the year manufactured I personally believe was made up. No one really knows anything about those numbers in honesty, mainly because no one has told us what they mean and no one has done a real study into it.

I have asked a rather reliable person who would know regarding the meaning of the numbers in the past and the first two digits referring to a 2-digit factory code and the last digit referring to year of manufacture (i.e. "7" would mean "1997") were what I was informed. If you choose not to trust such information, your choice. I do not recall what the 3rd digit represents, but have asked my contact for clarification if possible.

iSoaker's Believe-It-or-Not...

As an aside, my original CPS2000 lacks a 4-digit number on it.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:06 pm

Nibordude's 2000 has 3107. The only thing I am sure about is that these serial numbers are not unique to each individual gun. They also appear on 2500s, of which the team has enough of to compare numbers. 2 of them have the same 3028.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Wayne

CPS 2000 serial numbers

Post by Wayne » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:04 pm

I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying the page.

Thanks for the imputs about the serial numbers. The four numbers collected so far (3017, 3126, 3027, 3107) strongly support the theory that the first two digits represent the location of manufacture and the last the year of manufacture is correct. It's hard to believe that a random sampling of four guns would all be within 100 or so of the same number if they referred to the production number. I'd still like to collect more and see if any other patterns emerge.

I wonder if the third digit could refer to the quarter of the year in which that gun was produced: 0=spring, 1=summer, 2=fall, 3=winter? If we find that only one of these four numbers show up in that position then that might appear to support this theory.

Wayne

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:48 pm

Nice guide, and once again, nice site!

I wanted to note one thing, though. The CPS 2000 Mark 2 actually has the same power as a CPS 2000 Mark 1--and I'm pretty sure the bladder is the same. What's different is the fact that the Mark 2 bladder isn't allowed to expand as far, which explains the smaller gauge. We've assumed it's to preserve the strength of the rubber by not overstretching.

Anyway, the thing is that the Mark 1 has a shot time of 1 second, but the Mark 2 has a shot time of maybe 0.8 seconds. Because most output tests aren't too precise and can only be timed for 1 second, the Mark 2 seems to be less powerful because it doesn't have as much time to output as much water.

Your season number theory is plausible, assuming "0" is the fourth season.

On your article, the pictures show stickers on the left-hand side of one CPS 2000. Are they on the right-hand side for the other one? If so, that's something new, as we had all assumed that Mark 1 stickers were on only one side and Mark 2 stickers were on the other side--I forget which was which.

Wayne

CPS 200 stickers

Post by Wayne » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:27 am

The gun not showing any stickers doesn't have any. I can't remember what happened to them.

Wayne

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:43 am

I have asked a rather reliable person who would know regarding the meaning of the numbers in the past and the first two digits referring to a 2-digit factory code and the last digit referring to year of manufacture (i.e. "7" would mean "1997") were what I was informed. If you choose not to trust such information, your choice. I do not recall what the 3rd digit represents, but have asked my contact for clarification if possible.
Naturally I am skeptical of something that seems to be made up. If a reliable person did say the numbers are the years, that'd be enough for me to believe. I was just mainly concerned that someone made up something years ago that some people choose to believe.

The numbers in the thread I had were nothing new. Sorry, I couldn't help.

CROC

Post by CROC » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:55 pm

I liked the site. My CPS 2000 has this serial number: 3017, which proves DX's point that they are not unique to the individual gun. It may be a shipping number, not a serial number.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

Wayne

Serial numbers

Post by Wayne » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:59 pm

Outstanding! Thank you, Croc. Your duplicate number certainly kills the sequencial number theory. I'll post a correction on the webpage right away.

I'd still like to collect as many serial numbers as possible to see what patterns emerge.

Wayne

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:23 am

Update:

Finally got a reply about the CPS2000 numbers. Basically, I got mixed up. The first number alone is for the factory; the second and third are for the month; the last is for the year. Thus, 3037 would be for Factory 3, March, 1997. 3027 and 3107 would be soakers made by Factory 3 in 1997, but the first one made in February and the second one made in October.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::