Ugh... Don't you just hate ebay...

Discussion of other water gun websites.
Soaker Leader

Ugh... Don't you just hate ebay...

Post by Soaker Leader » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:40 pm

Well I am hoping to add a heavy CPS to my arsenal this winter as a christmas present. Either a Cps 2500 or a Cps 2000 (as usual =S). Well I had been following this auction for the last few hours and was hoping to score a Cps 2500... But no... I don't... I get this dumb out "proxy" bided =|. 9 seconds left and I made my bid at 45$ and then there is the dang ebay proxy bid feature... anybody mind telling me how it works so I can use it next time? Ugh... Kinda dissapointed though =[.

Linkey: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0039590338

Um eh? Anyone happen to be selling a CPS 2500 or 2000?
I doubt it, but its worth a try....

Anyway, I just felt like sharing this =p

-SL

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:14 pm

I have absolutely no clue--none whatsoever--but the proxy method might involve having eBay make you vote automatically at the last moment and win, no matter what other peoples' bids are, as long as the amount you specify is greater than the votes of everybody else. But it said the winning bid was $45 too, so I don't really know for sure.

'Tis a pity you lost the auction. But here's to hoping you'll win the next one!

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:58 am

Try to avoid these prices when bidding(15, 20, 35, 45...). The best way to win an auction is to bid something like 46,53$ so you'll be sure to keep the first place if someone bid 25, 35 or 45$, but outbid if someone bid higher than 50$.

Too bad there is no other CPS 2000/2500 on ebay this week... I've seen 3 other CPS 2500 auctions last month only, maybe you'll find another one soon.

EDIT: You are lucky,there is a CPS 2500 auction just here:http://cgi.ebay.ca/Large-Larami-Super-S ... dZViewItem
Armory: AS Hydroblitz (x2), MI FlashFlood, STE TripleShot, XP Backfire, XP 215, XP 105, XXP 175, Big Bottle BLaster(x2), SC Power Pak, SpeedLoader1000, SpeedLoader 1500, SpeedLoader Double-Cross 3000, CPS Splashzooka (x2), CPS 1200, CPS 1500,CPS 2100, CPS 2000 Mk2, CPS 1-3-5

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:08 am

One problem for me, you have to be 18 to register for ebay (which was not the case earlier I believe), my siblings are in college and my dad won't make one for some reason. (he did before but forgot all the stuff today) Not to mention, my parents would never let me get a $40 (including shipping) 2500 for whatever reason. Don't have that much time nor tools for homemades, but it's something I'm still looking into, but I would still like the heavy CPS's anyway to expand the range of my armory, and it sort of fills the gap between a typical stock gun and a homemade. I'll see what I can do.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:22 am

There are programs that will "snipe" auctions for you. Set it with your numbers, the end time and auction number, and it'll dump your bid on right at the end, giving you a high chance of success.

There are a lot of free ones, but beware of spyware.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:44 pm

Yes I know of sniping programs which I have looked at, but I prefer doing it manually incase it screwes up. If you look carefully, I did my bit at 9 seconds befor the auction ended, but it appears that the other guy put in a maximum bid of like 50 bucks or something at the start of the auction. There for it hid the highest bid of 50 dollars in this instance and just showed the price that ebay bid for him which was below 50. Thats how he outbid me =|.

It was a big bummer but hopefully I can win this new one coming up =].

Thanks all

-SL

Soaker Leader

Funny...

Post by Soaker Leader » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:33 pm

Its funny about this auction for the 2500, the other guy is like, a crazed monster... He trys so hard yet he keeps failing... look at his bids... I have made 2 and he has made basically 10... I put down my first proxy bid, he treid like 8 or so times... he got exausted at 50$ then he feels like driving it up more and more. Yet I still concqur is attempts... I have a plan on how I am going to play it out on this Fire guy =], so we will see how it goes. Either way I will end up with a Cps 2000/2500 (or both) by christmas :cool: .

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0038423459

Link to the bids to see how funny this guy is =].

Thanks

-SL

Edit: well the auction is about a day from closing, and I find that its not worth to bid more then I did, so I figured if this Slaj guy really wants it he is going to have to pay more for it then he should =P, so I drove the price from 75$ to 90$ with shipping it should total about 100+$ if it goes at this price alone...

-SL
Last edited by Soaker Leader on Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.