What are the points on this site for?

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
Shadowshot

What are the points on this site for?

Post by Shadowshot » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:03 pm

Maybe I'm just thick or missed something but what are the points on this site for? I'm talking about the points next to the box labled latest reputation recieved on our user cp screen. What do they count towards? Are they anything? If anyone knows could they tell me? I'll keep looking on this site for the answer until then.
Prepare for battle, ready your mind
Then shoot all the enemies you can find!

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:59 pm

I moved this thread to the Feedback subforum.

The reputation system is this system built into vBulletin that allows people to rate others' posts. It isn't very useful because people barely use it, but I use it to make comments on posts when there's no information of my own to add to a topic. So you can pretty much ignore the points...

This thread/poll was created by Ben about a year ago when he introduced the system. As you can see, it's meaningless that he has 1000 reputation points because nobody uses the system.

Shadowshot

Post by Shadowshot » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:37 pm

Thanks. I was really wondering about that. I'm still trying to figure out this whole site but I'll have a lot of fun exploring.

Joannaardway: I've swapped the posts for you.
Last edited by joannaardway on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post made on wrong account, so I've swapped the text and deleted the mistake post.
Prepare for battle, ready your mind
Then shoot all the enemies you can find!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:49 am

The reputation system seems only to work well on the biggest message boards because most don't know about the feature. We're not that size yet. ;)

I've mainly kept it to put little comments in each others' posts that don't necessarily warrant a new post. You can click the Image button above posts to add a comment and a reputation point.