PSP vs Nintendo DS

Topics related specifically to video gaming.

Which one would you most likely buy?

Playstation Pocket (PSP)
50%
Nintendo DS
50%

Total votes: 36

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:04 am

I hate the limits on the DS's wifi functuality, the friend codes crap, the opponent search, and how everyone D/C's. Hopefully it'll get better on the Wii. If anyone wants to play over wifi just send me a PM. I have Mario Kart and Hunters.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:21 am

After much, much research on both the Nintendo DS (lite) and the Sony PSP, I've come to the conclusion that the DS is a better overall system in terms of value and cost. Look at what you get for the price: For the cost of an Xbox package, you get a rather large and bulky handheld with a very easily scratched screen. It can play music and DVDs, when most of us already have an mp3 player/CD player and a DVD player. Not only that, it comes in a special disc format. So it can't play movies you already own. The PSP's discs cost more than the DS's game cards. Sure the PSP has a web browser, but I think we can all manage without the internet for a short trip. Sure the PSP has games exclusively for Sony, that's probably the only reason I'd buy one. Now look at the DS. It's relatively cheap (under $150), and has decent graphics (I could care less about a handheld's graphics). The new DS lite is pretty damn small and light, with illuminated dual screens. I can't get over how neat the touch screen is. The games are mostly original and FUN. Not to mention I'm a huge fan of the Metroid and Zelda titles. Suddenly, everything seems clear to me. It's the DS for me.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:42 pm

They're making (or have already made) a web browser for the DS, and there is also a (rather expensive, $150) media player with a USB compatible 4 gig hard drive that goes into the GBA slot. With both of these, you've got a PSP, though it's probably twice the cost of one, but who gives, the DS was meant for gaming anyways. (even though the graphics aren't so good, the controls more than make up for it, as for PSP, the control system is pretty bad for many games)

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:05 pm

Monsoon wrote:Sure the PSP has games exclusively for Sony...

Exept they don't differ enough from the PS2 games. And I think that is the main flaw of the PSP. Their selling point is "Its almost like the PS2!". But the problem is, if you already have a PS2, why pay double for the smaller poor man's performance version. The concept of portability that makes handhelds hyped up is overated. If people leave the house, they should not play video games anyways, and should spend more time on physical activities. To much electronical hobbies will turn people soft and out of shape. And I am saying that as a gamer. And as for being bored on the bus or school/work breaks. I rather find something else to do than buy a $250 CAN game system. Thats already a Wii or half of a XBox360.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:41 am

I want the Wii or the DS. I just like the idea of having a portable gaming device that I can take to boring trips and such. Also I can play it outside, so I still get a tan and fresh air :p .

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:07 pm

Well I got a Nintendo DS lite for christmas. It's really nice I like it a lot. I only got two games for it though: New Super Mario and Age Of Empires age of kings. Age Of Empires is dangerously addictive.

CAPTAIN Nate

Post by CAPTAIN Nate » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:18 pm

I GOT THE PSP FOR X-MAS AND I GOT A REGULLAR DS WAY BACK IN APRIL. :cool:

=

I got the PSP for x-mas and I got a regular DS way back in April. :cool:

Edit by Monsoon: please don't post messages in all capitals, and learn to spell. Not only have you been told by the admins and moderators already, it just gets stupid after a while.
Last edited by Monsoon on Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: original post in all capitals

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:33 pm

I'll reiterate, once again: Please follow the board guidelines.

What I don't understand is when people just don't follow the rules, even if they say they know them.
Guidelines, at [url wrote:http://forums.sscentral.org/t3324/]-Posts[/url] must use capitalization correctly.
I'd assume "correctly" means the type you'd use on an English essay. And if somebody uses all caps on that, then he/she has some even bigger problems to deal with...

I'm just asking that you post like everybody else does. Takes zero effort. Thanks.

supersoakerman

Re: PSP vs Nintendo DS

Post by supersoakerman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:54 am

i went 4 ds because it has all the bad ass mario games
i'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and i'm all out of ass
... wait wat?

wwwat?-wise words of lil jon

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:27 am

Errr...yeah, this thread is 2 1/2 years old. Things are pretty quiet round here, so please check the dates of previous posts - you can find them just above the poster's name and avatar.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:13 pm

Good Lord, I thought this thread looked familiar - second post is mine. When my old posts start coming up in threads, you know it's necroposting.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

supersoakerman

Post by supersoakerman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:38 am

LOL that is the second time i have done that I also did it on AM HQ i replied to like a 2 year old thread about james bond
i'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and i'm all out of ass
... wait wat?

wwwat?-wise words of lil jon

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:02 pm

supersoakerman wrote:LOL that is the second time i have done that I also did it on AM HQ i replied to like a 2 year old thread about james bond
And on the forum about the favorite consoles. But we should be starting some new threads about now, or maybe joining a clan. But if anyone still plays warcraft 3, let me know.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.