NEW Message Board- by ZOCCOZ

Discussion of other water gun websites.
ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:31 am

A somewhat politicaly incorrect poll, but thats what makes it so fun: King of Retail 2006 Poll
Do your soaker community a service and vote.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:56 am

Well, I have been neglecting the forum abit. But Now I'm back. I re-positioned the sections and also added this months Water Gun Babe.

soakerfool

Just so you know

Post by soakerfool » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:16 pm

Just so you know Google has a "pagerank" system where if you also have alot of other sites linking to your site then your pagerank will go up. In fact if you have sites with higher pageranks linking to your site then it will go up even more. In fact if you download the google toolbar you can view whatever your current pagerank is(just go to options if it is not automatically turned on). If you want to read it I thought that Googles April fools joke was funny so...
http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html

Or for their real explanation of Page rank and not Pigeon Rank... ;)
http://www.google.com/technology/

Right... oh and by the way you can get a (limited) free domain name from microsoft... but noone has responded to my thread, *sniffle**sniffle*

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:16 am

Thanks for the tip. I checked it out, but didn't see a link to where I can register the forum(if that is how it works...I honestly don't know.)

soakerfool

hmm?

Post by soakerfool » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:59 pm

Hmm... I'm not entirelyy sure what you mean... If you mean registering with google I don't think that you can... The best you can do on that count is try to get lots of other sites to link to you... I don't think that you can submit something to google. As for the free site with a dot com name you can't make forums, although you could have a link from there to your forums further increasing the pagerank of you forums. The only other downside to the free site is that it says "made with Microsoft office live" in the corner of the first page, and the first page only, no other ads. If you want you can PM me if you want what my site is... It's just not finished yet... or for that matter ready for the public, if it ever will be :D

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:36 pm

So you mean I just post some links in some threads and my site automaticaly is attached to them? Or do you mean I put their banners on my forum. That, I do not have controll over, but only the main free forum host I think.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:27 am

Google barely uses PageRank in their search engine rankings anymore. In fact, I've read quite a lot about why they have kept PageRank - they keep it to confuse people. Write legitimate content and ask some sites to link to you. They don't value one big PR link anywhere near as much as they would lots of links from different geographical locations and IP ranges.

You also can submit your website to Google: http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

Read some SEO websites if you are interested in the subject. ;)

soakerfool

Post by soakerfool » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:02 am

I never knew that, thanks I'll check it out... After all I've got all summer :)

Edit:

So I was wrong about registering your website... right, well at least I know now!

If you want a laugh click here
or
http://www.google.com/googlegulp/
:D

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:20 pm

Ben wrote:Google barely uses PageRank in their search engine rankings anymore. In fact, I've read quite a lot about why they have kept PageRank - they keep it to confuse people. Write legitimate content and ask some sites to link to you. They don't value one big PR link anywhere near as much as they would lots of links from different geographical locations and IP ranges.

You also can submit your website to Google: http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

Read some SEO websites if you are interested in the subject. ;)

Thanks. I intend to submit some sites. Right now I am doing some major cosmetical changes to the forum(new name,skin...) and WaterGun library.

[Edit]: The website has been updated, among other things.
Last edited by ZOCCOZ on Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:48 am

New water fight babe of the month posted, and also new R-babes thread(uncensored R-movie type quality. So just meant for older croewdes.)

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:02 am

Advertising a forum which is now like this where fairly young users are present is questionable.

However, as all registered users are moving into, through or out of teenage years, with an exception or two, it's on the edges of acceptable. But with regards to younger guests on this forum, there is little to stop them finding the many links lying around.

I am aware of the registration requirements of your forum, but surely you should be a bit more restricted about this.

I must also say that you seem to have little concern about keeping female users on your forum.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:25 pm

I have to agree with joannaardway. The Internet is one of the best places to view inappropriate content, so there's no need to jeopardize the reputation of Soakerdom, no offense. Granted, all members here are supposed to be at least 13 years old, but the guests don't need to be...

Note that I'm not against your forum because I'm repulsed--it's just that I don't see a need for it.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:20 pm

Yes, using that form of material to draw in adults to soaking, maybe - however, adults are unlikely to be drawn in anyway. They're not there for the soaking - they're there for the videos.

As silent guy says - there isn't really a need for it.

People soak for the fun, not anything to do with females - in fact, there are so few female water warriors (and I cannot think of any regulars other than myself - perhaps on isoaker?) that anyone that comes to water wars looking to battle females will be disappointed.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:44 pm

joannaardway wrote:
I must also say that you seem to have little concern about keeping female users on your forum.

I can CG render some dudes for them. But just like you said, other than you, there are no female members.
The Internet is one of the best places to view inappropriate content, so there's no need to jeopardize the reputation of Soakerdom, no offense. Granted, all members here are supposed to be at least 13 years old, but the guests don't need to be...

Note that I'm not against your forum because I'm repulsed--it's just that I don't see a need for it.
Yes, using that form of material to draw in adults to soaking, maybe - however, adults are unlikely to be drawn in anyway. They're not there for the soaking - they're there for the videos.

As silent guy says - there isn't really a need for it.

People soak for the fun, not anything to do with females - in fact, there are so few female water warriors (and I cannot think of any regulars other than myself - perhaps on isoaker?) that anyone that comes to water wars looking to battle females will be disappointed.

I think soakerdom was ripe for that stuff. The retail soakers are of questionable quality, so a forum that is of questionable quality seems adequate. A Degenerate Forum for degenerate retail times. Does soakerdom need it? Who knows. But it is a new expression for contemporary times, and therfore not irrelenant. Plus with the previous Forum format over the last months having the traffic of a Radioshak in an Armish village, this seemed like an intereresting experiment. I also have to say that it seems that the current forum members are more interested in the image sections than lets say the soaker arts and photography section. The forum still has legitimate stuff, however at this moment most visit for the other things that some would consider questionable. So perhaps soakedom does need that stuff. Who knows.

I think I am very much aware that Women have no interest in soakers. I'm prity sure the models on the images had to be payed to hold a soaker. Sure, isoaker said that women like soakers, but I think his local area is the harsch exeption. In any case, the images on the forum are more there for shock value.
As for pre-teens hanging around the forum, if they registered, they broke the law. So they can shove off if they or their parents find it offensive. :cool:

[Edir]: While I would like to have a forum where we all talk in exitement about Flash Floods and Blazers, it does not reflect my view. I am not exited about what Water Guns have to offer at the moment. I am jaded, bored, sarcastic, disapointed and even resentful towards contemporary soakers. A Degenerate forum reflects my view about the current status of soakers. If you have been with water guns 21-22 years since the age of 4-5, you have to find ways to entertain yourself.
Last edited by ZOCCOZ on Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:06 pm

It's envitable that those models were paid. They're going for the money - that's what they do it for.

Rerhaps someone of the male gender would care to explain why this appeals.

Don't bother with CG dudes. I'm not going to bother, and you're not likely to find many other females stumble across it.