Unruly "Last Post" Dates

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
Silence

Unruly "Last Post" Dates

Post by Silence » Mon May 29, 2006 11:56 pm

I first noticed this problem cropping up about a week or two ago, but I kept my mouth shut, thinking it was just my computer. However, even if it is just my computer, I'll bring it up here, as it's getting annoying...

As everybody knows, the "Super Soaker Central index" displays the most recent thread, the most recent poster in that thread, and the time of the most recent post in that thread for each of the subforums (though not for the subsubforums). Also, the subforum indexes display the various threads in descending time and date order. However, I sometimes see random threads turning up at or near the top of the list, and the latest date that vBulletin displays does indicate that those threads are recent. Upon clicking on the threads, however, the last post might be one from years back--and there is no correlation between that time and date and the one displayed in the subforum index!

Current examples of this are the Poll: "Sagant Shotgun Mod" under the Modifications subforum, and Poll: "which series do you hate the most?" in the General subforum. By the way, I don't think all of these random threads are polls, though I may be wrong.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 30, 2006 12:07 am

A vote in a poll will bump a thread here. I'll disable that once I find the option. ;)

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 30, 2006 12:17 am

Oops...now I feel silly for having overlooked that. The thing is, I was pretty sure I'd seen it happen to a non-poll thread, but I guess it didn't happen after all--and that's why I brought up the poll issue. Another confusing part is that it cites the last person to actually post as having submitted a vote, even though somebody else did...but thanks in advance for looking for the option, even though it might not be there. It would be nice if the post either wasn't BUMPed or, instead of displaying the last poster, vBulletin would just display "POST."

This explains why polls are usually near the top of the index lists...

EDIT: I'll leave this thread open until Ben posts a reply as to any poll-BUMP option.

EDIT again on 6/5/2006: I don't think Ben found the correct option, so I'm just locking this thread. The answer was actually pretty obvious, and I just wasn't thinking straight when I posed my question. As always, if somebody wants this reopened, PM a moderator or me.
Last edited by Silence on Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.