Hey, I'm supersoaker

General water gun discussion.
supersoaker

Hey, I'm supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Thu May 25, 2006 2:02 am

Hey, After reading the message at the top of the board
"Hello supersoaker,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our New Users forum."

I followed that great advice, so here I am!
I post on isoaker... I visit here a few times a week (2-5) And that "join now" message finally got to me, so... Hi!

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 25, 2006 2:11 am

Hello, and welcome to SSC. Are you more interested in commercial soakers or in homemade soakers? I'm sure you know SSC is more tech oriented...

I believe I've seen your posts at iScF, but not too many of them. I need to be over there and at SM more...

supersoaker

yer

Post by supersoaker » Thu May 25, 2006 2:18 am

Well... Commercial ones, but none of those new ones, Last year was a step in the right direction, then I think, this year they went back a step, MAYBE I'll buy an overload, for the fan nozzle. I like the FF, Max-d 5000 I think it's got great range for it's size and for a backup/pistol APD and that's pretty much it for recent soakers (Got my 5000's in 2005 for 15$ CDN for both) yeah, I know SSC is more tech oriented, and thanks :)

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 25, 2006 2:26 am

I'd only get the Overload for the large backpack (though a homemade backpack is much cheaper, larger, etc.), though I hear the Defender is pretty good...it appears to be a strong medium rifle, albeit a non-CPS one. Just make sure you get the AquaPack or make a homemade backpack for it, mainly because you can do so...

I guess the FF and MD5K are also good, but there's also the APD and all the Buzz Bee Toys weapons. I love my Argon, and I'm thinking about getting a cheap 2005 Xenon from Amazon.

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Thu May 25, 2006 2:36 am

Yeah, I pretty much just want it for the back-pack, I also need a fan blast for a capture the flag game with my class, And I might have to defend the base (using water guns of course) and it's out in the middle of no where so water conservation will be a must, and the bigger the resevoir the better!
Oh, and I have an APD, I agree, but I used an argon, and I didn't really like that 3 pump system, I might get a scorpion In walmart (I'm canadian eh?) But, I'm going to get a CPS 4100... maybe for 20$, The problem is the trigger, So I don't want to get it and break it in 5 seconds, and Isn't there that red pump cap that prevents you from opening the gun?

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 25, 2006 3:41 am

If you just need a backpack, then you can easily make one using Ben's trashbag backpack mod. It's cheap, it's durable, it has a huge capacity, and it automatically shrinks as its water is depleted. If there's any potential problem, it might be that you'll have to invent a method to fit the backpack hose into the cap of the recieving soaker (and maybe you can post your method afterward :cool: ), but a Jubilee clip might work in most cases.

That's the problem with BBT's PreChargers...because they use so few (albeit wide) pumps, the PCs are very small and to conserve water, the streams are also small. Of course, I plan to change that with my PCgH, but you expected me to say that :rolleyes: ...

Definitely get the CPS 4100. I don't like my CPS 4100, but it's better than the other soakers that I have (though I prefer my Argon), and it's quite valuable. Mine's still in pretty good shape (though I'll admit--I don't fight too often), and there are screws on the red pump grip that you can unscrew to open it. However, you may be referring to them having glued a part, which I think I might have heard about long ago...

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu May 25, 2006 11:14 am

Hello - I wonder why no-one else has taken the name "supersoaker" - it kinda seems obvious.

If you can get one, the best backpack out there is the CPS 3200's backpack. With a few simple modifications, it can be changed to fit any soaker.

The screw thread that attaches the hose to the backpack happens to be a perfect fit for a BSP to hose connector. Replacing the standard hose with a short length of garden hose means that you merely need to add a hose fitting to any soaker you wish to use it with.

I'm currently adapting my 3xA to accept it.

If you need a backpack, and can't get the CPS 3200 pack, and don't want to make your own, then any standard drinks pack will do for smallish capacity increases.

Given that the new M.I. pack will only fit a few soakers, you might find better options.

And silentguy - I like the way you've linked the RP in your sig.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri May 26, 2006 12:15 am

I have had the fortune to use various soakers (if not own them), but I haven't really had the chance or the impulse to compare their cap thread sizes. However, I'm sure there can't be more than two or three different sizes for Hasbro and the same for Buzz Bee Toys (BB or BBT), so having just a few different fittings for a backpack hose is quite possible and convenient. I don't think I'd like having an external reservoir on the top of my soaker (it'll make the soaker as unwieldy as a paintball gun), and that still won't have the same capacity as a backpack. I suggest a backpack if you're going to use it for many different soakers (both stock and homemade), but if you're not ready to take that step just yet, then a standard water bottle mod is fine. While not always compatible, Ben's SoakerTag Reservoir Expansion mod might provide you with a bit more information.

Thanks for noticing the RP link--I wish more people did ;) .