Reissue Soakers

General water gun discussion.
Monsoon

Reissue Soakers

Post by Monsoon » Sun May 14, 2006 1:48 pm

Has anyone else seen any older reissue soakers around? At a local store I saw an XP-70 with the new Super Soaker packaging and different colours (I think it was purple or red with green reservoirs). I think I'm going to buy that and a Flash Flood this year.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 14, 2006 4:38 pm

There are tons of XP 270 reissues...I know Super Soaker has done this for many soakers, basically repainting the guns, sometimes selling them in a two-pack, and bundling several SoakerTags, too. I think I got my only CPS (a 4100) in a SoakerTag edition box, though that might be how it was originally packaged.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue May 16, 2006 12:42 am

There is also Max-D 6000s being sold in two packs. I think that would be a worthwhile buy, considering most new air pressure blasters are pressurized reservoir based. I'd personally use one for modding and one for just having as an extra. I've heard of those CPS 4100s being sold in SoakerTag boxes, but I've never seen one myself, unfortunately (I'm dying for one).
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 16, 2006 1:18 am

First of all, I don't think the CPS 4100s sold as SoakerTag weapons were reissues at all. I believe they were still sold in 2003 or 2004, as these were just about the latest CPS weapons (along with the 2100s, which I might actually prefer due to their small size)--in fact, they are just poorer remakes of the original MXs. This time period coincides with when the SoakerTag guns seemed to come out for the first time, and I doubt too many of them are left.

EDIT: One more reason to build superior homemades! Though hearing about CPS power that others have can be quite taunting...

EDIT again: There's a similar thread over at iScF, and it has a ton of replies...
Last edited by Silence on Tue May 16, 2006 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue May 16, 2006 10:33 pm

I'd rather buy soakers than build them. I don't have the time or resources to be building my own homemade water guns. And I've personally seen the CPS 4100 sold at a local Toys R' Us in a SoakerTag box. I already have a CPS 2100, but it's taken apart and the trigger spring is missing (so it's basically broken). I always look out for reissue soakers. If I post that I see a soaker and it's in the wrong box or something then my apologies.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 16, 2006 11:08 pm

Monsoon wrote:If I post that I see a soaker and it's in the wrong box or something then my apologies.
Don't worry, you didn't post any incorrect information.

By the way, I searched for the similar thread over at iScF, but I couldn't manage to find it. Oh well. Just in case I had forgotten where I'd seen this, I checked SM too, but there wasn't anything there, either. Sorry about that.