A 65 oz. Splashzooka?

General water gun discussion.
UtBDan

A 65 oz. Splashzooka?

Post by UtBDan » Mon May 15, 2006 3:01 am

This site doesn't have on in the reviews, and I found this and a CPS 1200 in my basement. I was wondering what you knew about the Splashzooka (my only complaint with it was that it had to be filled by the hose and nothing else and couldnt be pumped), and how much of a quality gun it was.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon May 15, 2006 3:50 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central (SSC) Forums and, I believe, all of Soakerdom.

I'm assuming you haven't heard of either iSoaker.com (iSc) or Soaker Media (SM). SSC is the best place to learn about commercial soaker modifications and homemade soakers, and its activity is mainly around its forums; iSc is well known for its information about commercial soakers, and it has both a strong non-forum and a strong forum base (use the link now and check out the reviews section--it's very good); and SM is usually used for tactics and water warfare strategy information, though it also has tech stuff, and like SSC, it's based mainly around its forums. If you're interested in advanced soaker tech, check out the main articles at SSC before you continue in the forums.

Now, back to the topic...look at the Spashzooka review at iSc. Basically everybody knows about it, though not everybody (myself included) is "fortunate" enough to have one. The SC Power Pak and SC Big Trouble are the backpack versions of the same thing--they have greater capacity and weight balance, but they aren't nearly so cool.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 15, 2006 10:06 am

Yes, we do know about the Splashzooka. The only problem is that for some reason, the review is not linked to on the review page. Will fix soon. ;)

Tha Man

Post by Tha Man » Tue May 16, 2006 10:57 pm

I have a CPS Splashzooka and I find that it is a good weapon in the fact that you can fill it up in about twenty seconds and if will shoot for about one minute. It has good range but lacks in output but that doesn't make muck of a difference when you consider that in can soak an average target in about ten to fifteen seconds

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 16, 2006 11:02 pm

I'm not sure what the exact specs are, but I'm pretty sure it can't shoot for a whole minute--not on the largest nozzle, at least. Even the SC Power Pack, the biggest of the pure QFD soakers (because it uses a backpack), can only shoot for about 30 seconds on its 10X nozzle.

If anything, I would prefer having a CPS SC soaker that has a PSI slightly above that of the average hose and that uses a very large pump. This would allow for extremely quick pumping when "plugged in" and very good performance.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed May 17, 2006 8:04 am

The splashzooka only has one nozzle, and isoaker gives a 30 second shot time for it.

However, I think QFD is a misnomer. All it does is save pumping, probably at the expense of charge time.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed May 17, 2006 11:04 pm

The major problem that I have with QFD-only weapons is the maximum PSI. Basically, the PSI rating of the CPS bladder used is limited by the PSI of the source hose--if the hose can't supply enough pressure, then the reservoir/PC won't get filled--no matter what. At least with QFD-capable soakers, you can fill from a hose with weak pressure (such as one on a hill, a portable QFD supply, etc.) and get an easier filling time. And best of all, you can K-mod or colossus these weapons, because if you do that to QFD-only weapons, you make them useless due to the pressure requirements :p !

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu May 18, 2006 8:22 am

How many times does it have to be said?

CPS weapons do not have "pressure". I can fill my CPS 3200 bladder from my LOW water pressure. (as I said, the end of the hose that screws on to the backpack fits perfectly on to my tap).

The air pressure SC weapons are the problematic ones. CPS SC weapons have just as much potential as any other CPS weapon.

However, the only difference is that a SC nozzle has to be a certain size (unless modded) and the problem with a SC only soaker is that it is really hard to empty after use.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 18, 2006 8:58 pm

If anything, I might try to get a used SC 600 (which can be used both with a QFD and with the on-gun pump), do a CVF on it, and then be able to fill the PC quickly with the hose and then complete pressurization with the pump. However, I don't think it's CPS, so I can't do a K-mod--but that's really not a problem. If I had a Monster instead of my CPS 4100, I could do this with that weapon--however, an alternate solution is to mod it to be able to use a QFD or the hose with a homemade solution.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat May 20, 2006 5:45 pm

The SC 600 is a CPS weapon, but it is a cylindrical bladder type.

If you CVF the SC 600 (which there would be no point in doing unless you collosused it, which might prevent quick fill) then it loses the ability to fill it's reservoir as well as the PC. The hose should do all the work - no pumping required....

You can apparently use a QFD with a 4100 - one of the nozzles fits perfectly into the QFD. It opens the trigger valve then pressurizes it.

If you need a QFD on it's own, remember - I've got one up for sale.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 20, 2006 8:49 pm

Yes, I know that the SC 600 uses CPS, and I do plan on performing a CVF and a colossus if I can ever lay hands on one. I understand that the hose probably can't pressurize the weapon once the colossus is performed, but it will certainly make pumping easier. In fact, if I do those mods, I will also replace the standard pump with a 3/4" or even a 1" ID one; and as long as you've got a hose handy, you'll still be able to pump easily. However, I am not inclined towards the 1" one because it wouldn't let the user pump easily without a hose, but I will definitely make the pump longer if I replace it.

Why would you use a CPS 4100 for a QFD? It's just a waste of time to pump it up, and it's probably less inefficient than pumping the SC gun--and even if the SC gun doesn't have a pump (Splashzooka, Power Pak, Big Trouble, etc.), this would still be a very awkward method. You might as well just create a portable QFD tank, as that would have very large capacity and you wouldn't have to carry the extra weight of a pump, etc. around. And yes, I did refer to your selling of a QFD in another thread...

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat May 20, 2006 8:53 pm

No - the nozzle on the 4100 will fit into a QFD, letting you charge the 4100 from the QFD.

I think that 3/4" should be fine. It's CPS, so no problems should occur.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 20, 2006 8:57 pm

Oops...that's my mistake. Indeed, I did read somewhere that you could fill like that, but I must have forgotten about it.

I at least partially dislike this method due to the awkwardness, but I guess it has its uses. I might even be interested in your QFD offer now...

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat May 20, 2006 9:10 pm

Yes, it is awkard, but it's barely different from using an SC weapon in a QFD.

In other words, nozzle into the QFD - you just need to select the right nozzle first.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 20, 2006 9:19 pm

joannaardway wrote:Yes, it is awkard, but it's barely different from using an SC weapon in a QFD.
Why do you say that using an SC weapon with a QFD is barely different? I agree, it isn't that much trouble, but using a QFD in a CPS 4100's nozzle just isn't how QFDs were meant to be used. But then again, it's easier than unscrewing the cap of the weapon, if that's how QFD-capable weapons must use the QFD.

Could you post some information or a picture concerning QFDs? I'm not sure, but I'm assuming it just works as a replacement for a reservoir cap, but if not, it gets stuck into a receptor on the cap. I could design something that works by going into a Max Infusion weapon's cap (though it needs to be screwed and unscrewed, which isn't too quick, and I'm not sure if Max Infusions use CPS [though that shouldn't matter]) or into a cap slot of a standard stock/homemade soaker.