What would you like to see?

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:01 pm

This is my first serious forum experience, too.

I am getting used to recognizing people through their avatars. In fact, I didn't have one for a while, because I created one for SM and forgot to upload it here. By the way, why can you upload avatars directly but not do that with images attached to posts? That's something that I would like to see.

If you're going to try Linux of some kind, try Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu. There's no point trying anything else due to the chance that other distributions might turn you away.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:35 pm

SilentGuy wrote:By the way, why can you upload avatars directly but not do that with images attached to posts? That's something that I would like to see.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the SSC staff disabled image uploading for at least general members. Or maybe it's just not a feature on vBulletin. I'd think it would be though.
I prefer posting image links with tags anway. If you want to host you own images, there are plenty of sites such as Imageshack and Photobucket. On Photobucket, you get an account.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:53 pm

I use Photobucket whenever I have to post an image.

I think it may be a problem with vBulletin and other php programs. I'm pretty sure other forums are like this, too.

Why did you say only "general members" might not be able to upload images directly? What other type of member is there?

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:04 pm

I'm using a new post because I am changing the topic completely--that is, there is something I would like to see, as in the thread name.

I don't want anybody at this forum to send emails to me, seeing as I already have too much to deal with. Besides, posts and private messages (PMs) are fine. Is it possible to allow users to hide their email addresses?