Reputation system

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.

Should the reputation system be used?

Yes, we should use the reputation system.
80%
No, we should not use the reputation system.
20%

Total votes: 25

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:47 am

Doesn't make sense to me either. I tried adding some reputation points to you to see if the system is working to begin with, but it appears to have done nothing aside from add a comment on your post. I'll look into this problem.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:36 am

In the my user CP, it displays 5 reputation comments, for a total of 30 points. I don't think reputation points count in posts if they come from someone whom has disabled reputation [such as the admins]. Your comments have a green pip, the other 3 are white. I think only they counted, and that's why I and some other members have disparities in their post/profile totals. If this is right, then a member whom only got reputation from another regular member or a mod should have matching numbers. [Well, a 2 = 20 kind of thing]
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:10 pm

Yeah, I think this is a little pointless, too. Maybe the number of "approved" posts divided by the total number of posts could have something to do with reputation (and maybe I'm only saying this because I only have 25 posts ;) ). In addition, the actual total number of posts and approvement ratings according to the donor's own rating should have something to do with the reputation.

Besides, what stops two people from boosting each other's--or their own--reputations infinitely? Maybe you should only be able to give 10% of your own amount of reputation points weekly, or monthly, etc.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:59 am

I guess I forgot to vote after I posted. I just voted negative (against the reputation system) because I think it needs to be revised, given the above suggestions by others and myself.