What would you like to see?

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
SSCBen

What would you like to see?

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 15, 2005 11:49 am

Anything in particular you would like to see? Anything explained or explained better?

The point of this topic is simple, and I am pinning it in hope that it will become a long-standing and good source of possible articles for SSCentral (and whoever else with a website beats us to each article&#33 ;) .

Edit: One thing I was considering adding: a feature that asks questions to determine what to repair on your water guns in a similar fashion to Identifont.

death angel

Post by death angel » Sun May 15, 2005 9:23 pm

That would be really cool! Although that might be hard to setup seeing as there could be many problems, and each might be different for each gun. Would it just figure out what the problem was? Or would it have the solution at the end, like with the font example on the website? I think it would be cool if SSCentral got some more and better filmed movies. :P
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:59 pm

Well I know that this topic has sort of a different meaning because of the new vbulletin forums but I would like to see a link back to the sscentral main site. I found this useful before.
Also, are we ever going to get avatars next to our name again?(looks back and forth in a worriedly)
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:00 am

I just want Images enabled in my siggy again.

I love my siggy image.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:17 am

RacerSoaker445 wrote:I just want Images enabled in my siggy again.

I love my siggy image.

They appear to have been allowed again now! Thank you Ben (at least I presume you did it anyway).
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:54 am

Yay! Sigs are up again. I'm going to make a new one. Thanks! :)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:06 am

I never really quite understood the point of those type of signature images... they don't really enhance anything or serve any sort of purpose. They only really seem to make pages take longer to load to me!

I'm not sure why images weren't enabled for signatures before. I think vB should work on importing board settings in a conversion from IPB. :)

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:33 pm

I don't understand sig images either.

To me a sig should be informative or witty in someway. A sig image just acts as a second avatar really. And one avatar is normally enough.

Actually I find forums without avatars/sigs really hard to use - it's difficult to tell members apart.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:42 am

@joannaardway:
Are you kidding? I don't remember anybody by their avatar (and I don't remember faces either ;) ), and I barely recall images in signatures--and that's only because signature images are rare. Ben is right, though--signature images tend to be distracting and completely pointless.

I'm getting a bit tired of visiting the feedback forum--all the threads are dead and nobody cares about your opinions in the post because they've been settled long ago :( .

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:07 pm

In response to the above - to me an avatar is a little like a face - you remember the face (image) and attach the name to it.

Of course, it's different for different people (as it should be :p [WOW- the first smily I've used on this forum])

Of course, I wasn't a major forum user before, so I'm starting to get used to the idea of picking up on who has said something before I read it.

Avatars just make it easier for me...
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

DX

Post by DX » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:22 pm

Some members have had an avatar for so long that not only are they remembered by it, but it is so iconic of them that they can't change it. Such as my spinning x, which has been my avatar since late 2004. In fact, I myself look for the spinning x when I am scrolling for posts I made in various topics.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:20 pm

Yeah, I went on an avatar changing spree a little while ago. I then found this avatar and have stuck with it for a pretty long while now.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

m15399

Post by m15399 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:28 pm

I'm in the same boat as Joan. When someone changes their avatar I think "Where did this person come from?".

Speaking of avatars, I love your Linux penguin. ;)

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:12 am

Avatars do sometimes make an impression on me. For instance, I sometimes think automatically "USSA" when I see the XP 310 thumbnail in a new member's avatar at iScF.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:07 pm

Well - with regards to the penguin, I don't use Linux for various reasons, but I do very much like the image, and might change to Linux at some time - I haven't decided yet.

I support anyone that attempts to challenge Microsoft though (despite me using Windows... currently at least...)

But as people have said - if I change my avatar, it will confuse people...
Last edited by joannaardway on Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.