RP II: The Ensuing Conflict

Post your epic water war tale!
DX

Post by DX » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:46 pm

Now where am I?...Hmm...

Duxburian and the Militia rushed through the hole in the wall and took cover behind a small building. Under heavy fire at all times, they slowly fought their way down the street. As the ammunition began to get low, Duxburian turned around and was shocked to see the other groups retreating. "What? Where are you all going? We can't hold them all alone!" The enemy fire continued to get worse, and Duxburian called a hasty retreat back through the wall and into the woods to retrieve their jeeps.

Glancing back, he saw dozens of huge Tempest vehicles rolling down the main street. The Militia easily outran the slow moving tanks in their jeeps, but Duxburian was concerned about the other groups. He thought to himself, "Where did they go to, why did they run in the middle of the battle, and how can I tell them all what's coming?" He realized that he didn't have time to warn anyone; they would have to find out the hard way. The Militia had to return to their fort ASAP to construct anti-tank weapons.

After pulling into the giant fortress, Dxuburian gave orders to start producing powerful guns capable of disabling vehicles. In the meantime, he posted scouts at the top of the ramparts to search for signs of the other groups. They had a stunning view of the island from this point, able to see the Tempest vehicles bearing down on the central woods and a distant town.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:25 pm

The Armadillo rumbled down the small side road. They didn't want to risk using the main roads, as they might encounter a Tempest group, and they wanted to remain relatively undetected. They had decided to head for the middle of the island, as there was a dense forest, and Toaster figured that Force might have gone there to hide.

The Sabres had circled the forest, and finding no roads in, Toaster asked Eyleascial to get on her bike and look around. She hauled her motorcycle down off its mount on the Armadillo's back end, and set off into the woods.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:53 pm

I'm waiting for Ed.

YAWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
I don't check this forum anymore.

mr_fan

Post by mr_fan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:29 pm

name: fan, mr_fan
hight: 5ft, 9 1/2 in,
weight: aprox 100 lbs
eyes: blue
hair: dark brown
weapon: a spray masters (i think thats what its called)
back up weapon: max D 2000 and squirt pistol (I have no idea what the squirt pistol is called,)
shoe size 8 1/2,
shoe type: new balance walking shoes,
clothing: depends,
gear: watter bottles, small back pack, belt,
personality: Strategic fearless (I love charging!), pretty smart, likes to be friendly and give advice (especialy to newbies,) likes to eat, does not aprove of others being mean to newbies in watter wars, likes to eat,
apearence: number 2 crew cut, tall and thin, in pretty good shape,
alliegiance: Vicen Django,
position: covert ops, kamikazie at times.
you may call me fan, mr_fan.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:15 pm

Welcome, Mr. Fan

Eyleascial returned a half hour later, looking a bit worse for the wear. "Hoo, thick forest in there," she said, brushing brambles off her pants and jacket. "But there is a large building in there."
"What kind of building?" Toaster asked.
"The best way to describe it is a small castle. It looks pretty well guarded, but I couldn't tell who is guarding the place," she replied.
Putting his arm over her shoulder to lead her back to the Armadillo, Toaster said, "We'll see if we can find a way in, and if we can find out any information about it."
Once back at the main vehicle, Toaster hauled Eyleascial's bike onto the rack and climbed into the driver's seat. They turned about and headed back to the warehouse to devise a plan.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:23 pm

May as well hop in,

name: Monsoon (duh)
height:5"9
weight:120kg
appearance :d ark facial features (look at my avatar), built
gear: camo suit, ghille (fake leaves/twigs over top of camo), combat boots/ helmet/ goggles
weapon: modded XP 310 (changes from shotgun to normal stream)
backup weapon: modded Max-D 5000 (range+power mod)
personality: hardly talks, shyish, but very focused and intense when it comes to doing the job
position: tactical soldier
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:26 am

(Hey Monsoon! Feel free to join the fray. Spirits know this thread needs the activity.)

The Sabres sat and planned. There was no way they could take the [i]Armadillo[/i] through the forest surrounding the structure. From Eyleascial's accounts, she had trouble even getting her motorbike through the dense undergrowth. That meant they would have to go in on foot.
"I don't like this one bit," Wontwood grumbled.
"Why is that?" Bukan asked calmly.
"If we go in there on foot, what happens if they're unfriendlies in that pseudo-castle? They'd have a major advantage," Wontwood replied sharply.
"Well, we'll just have to hope that the controllers of the building are not hostile, right? The trouble is, that is really the only place on this island we don't know about, and I don't want a bloody Tempest flanking if we attack their main compound again. If they're Tempest, then we'll know what to expect, eh?" Toaster asked.
The group made various indications of agreement, both eager and begrudging.
"Well, I suppose that's that," Eyleascial piped up.
"Yeah. We can take the [i]Armadillo[/i] to the forest. I think I spotted some trees where we can hide it relatively well. It's not the best cover, but better than out in the open. Then, we head in on foot," Monkey said.
"Great. Well, we'll leave tomorrow. My gut tells me we'll need all the rest we can get for bushwhacking tomorrow," Toaster agreed.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:47 pm

Well, I've finally read the 250+ replies so far, so I feel that I'm qualified to join. However this thread seems to be a bit inactive, so if my input hasn't lit it up a bit, then I'll leave it to lie.

I'm combining my profile and entry.

My profile:
Name: Joanna or Jo
Height: 6' 1" (I am really that tall)
Weight: 140 pounds
Appearance: Medium length hair, slim
Attire: Steel toe-capped boots, jeans, t-shirt, fingerless gloves, Full-face shield, torso body armour
Physical characterisics: Strong, with decent stamina. Not very fast
Main weapon: CPS 27000 (my CPS 2700 will be K-modded in a week or two) with 24-layer K-mod, bullpup mod, three extra nozzles (20x, shotgun, 9 way scatter), internal nozzle laminator, and hair trigger
Backup weapon: "Double" Aggressor with CVF, sponge holder replaced by hose connector, optional external 800-850ml PC (attaches to the hose connector) and strap.
Last resort weapon: Multi setting hose attachment that will fit the additional PC on the 3XA.
Personality: No nonsense, down to earth. Outsider, but can form strong friendships. Often talks too much or too loud, but knows when to knuckle down. Takes and gives orders well, but can improvise.
Experience: Serious soaker, but limited experience in larger fights. Excellent shot with a good weapon. Tactics generally work quite well.
Position: No squad, but functions as a heavy grunt/HWO.
Vehicle: 24 gear front suspension mountain bike

I'm not too sure where anyone is - it was too confusing, but if someone drops a hint *cough, cough* I'll try and join up with them, I'm starting at 2, near the militia fort - I believe most of the action is around there. If someone responds I'll try and join them.

My post assumes it's fairly late at night, but if it's not, I've written it that it can go either way. Anyway, time to reveal my poor story writing.

Joanna had been avoiding involvement in this, but it seemed that it refused to leave her alone. It was unreal, as water war raged across the island, with fights reported in bars and many places that this would normally have been treated as a criminal offense, or at least frowned upon.

She had realised as it started that it was too big for her to get involved in, but over a while, it seemed that many had lost enthusiasm, so the size had dropped a bit.
Not knowing what was going on, joining this war was going to be tough, but it was going to be a case of winning a battle at a time.

She had heard some rumours of locations and warriors, but many of the names were legendary, and she doubted that so many warriors had congregated on this island. Unwilling to leave the island, she wanted to see if the rumours of the warriors were true.

Opening up her soaker armoury, she drew out two of her weapons: Her favourite - the CPS 27k, and the adapted 3XA. Looking at the other soakers sitting in the armoury, Jo concluded that any more, except perhaps the hose attachment, would slow her down.

Shutting the armoury and filling a bag with supplies and ammo, she pulled down the full-face shield.

Joanna knew that this was a fast moving war, so she needed transport. As she couldn't drive safely, out came the mountain bike, which was swiftly loaded up.

Riding out on to the roads, she started the search for allies in this war.

Having heard of a militia fort, she started looking, hoping that she found it before someone found her...
Last edited by joannaardway on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:29 pm

((The Sabres are in a warehouse on the outskirts of 4. Just so ya know.))

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:37 am

Well, I'm going to advance towards 4 then (however I cannot write too much of the story in one go):

Having reached what she believed to be the militia fort, Joanna studied it.

"Looks to be Defense in Depth - It's most likely that if I make all the way in I'll get mistaken for enemy."

Unwilling to defend a fort due to her nature, she elected to search the outer wall so that she could get directions. Unclipping the extra PC from the 3XA, she fitted the hose attachment to it.

Chaining the other two soakers and mountain bike to a tree, she travelled towards the fort using the litre homemade.

Moving in in a fashion Jo hoped was non-threatening, and unlikely to get her water ballooned, she reached the first wall and started looking for a guard who could direct her.

Wandering along the side of the wall, a sentry popped out, holding some sort of homemade at her.
Diving to one side, Joanna brought the hose attachment to bear on the sentry

"You. Who are you?" Then he suddenly paused, "You're not Tempest."
"Tempest?" Jo replied, "No, I was hoping that I'd find allies or at least advice here."

Each concluding that their targets were at least not enemy, weapons were lowered.

"Look," said Jo, "I'm not up for defending a fort, so would you tell me where else I could be of help?"

The guard hesitated, deciding what he could tell this stranger.

"Hmm - well, I believe there is a group around 4. They could probably do with some help, given that we couldn't be much further from them. They might be hard to find."

Finishing with a brief description of the Sabres and the Tempest forces, he questioned:

"That help?"

Nodding in response to this, Jo returned to her bike, putting her soakers into the bike's panniers. Keeping the 1L homemade to fire on the move, she set off towards 4, passing near 3 on the way.

The night should give her cover, she thought, but I am seriously outnumbered.

She warily cycled down the roads, as the guard went to report the new warrior to his commanders.

And from here, I think someone else needs to take over - I can't post much more - Toaster, if you want, you can decide when I turn up.

Early enough to meet you at the warehouse, driving down the road, slightly before the attack (If it turns out to be an attack), or during the attack (as above) - they're all good. In fact, I might find the Armadillo in it's hiding place.

It would be good to know who is still posting here, so that I know who I can meet within the RP.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:38 pm

The Sabres were preparing to go, early the next morning, when Wontwood called from atop the warehouse, "Hey, we've got someone coming in!"
Looking out at the road, Toaster spotted her too. She rode a mountain bike, heavily laden with weapons and supplies. Pulling out the Red Baron, he walked over, with Bukan and Monkey beside him, each with their weapons.
"Hey! You there! Friend or Foe?!" Toaster hollered. He wasn't going to completely trust the answer, but he saw little danger in it, as it was just one person.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:18 pm

"It depends who you are." came the reply, "Are you the Sabres?"

Nodding by way of reply, Toaster gestured for her to come closer and spoke:

"For this instant, I'm assuming that you are a friend. Perhaps you'd like to prove it"

"I've come from the militia fort at 2. I've not been in this war before today, and when I went to the fort I was told that you were the people to meet up with - being as far from 2 as this is. Is that good enough?"

Lowering weapons by way of reply, the Sabres let her dismount.

She continued: "Perhaps while I help you with loading up, you would care to explain more about this to me? I didn't get much information at the fort - just who you were, where you were and who to avoid."

As she set her bike down, Toaster explained the situation, but keeping it on a need-to-know basis.

As he finished Joanna spoke brightly:

"Well, how can I help then?"

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:10 am

"Well, we can always use another pair of hands, and another gun. We're planning to leave for the central fortress in a while, but we won't be able to take any of our heavy equipment, such as the Armadillo, with us," Toaster said, gesturing to the Sabres' main vehicle. "So, this time I think we'll need as many people as we can. We won't likely have any technology advantage, so this could be difficult if the keepers of the fortress are hostile."

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:02 am

"Well, as I've got my bike with me, it's possible I can get up there with it. It'll make it easier to get my supplies with me, and obviously, it hasn't got a loud engine to alert the guards. What do you think?", Jo asked.

"It's pretty dense forest around there - can you handle that?" asked Toaster.

"Sure, No problem - I'm not a professional, but I can handle dense forest. Just a moment, I've got something to do first."

Jo pulled out a ream of tools from her panniers, selecting a 1/8" drill bit and drilled a larger nozzle for the 3XA. Taking some odds and ends, she created a smaller piece that slid over the end of the old nozzle for a kind of selector.

As she packed away her modding kit, the group prepared to move.
Last edited by joannaardway on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wasn't in bold

DX

Post by DX » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:43 pm

Might as well get back into this:

Duxburian couldn't remember how much time had passed. Weeks, months perhaps? Tempest attacks had failed to breech all 5 walls of the fort, even with their huge vehicles. The Militia had not been bothered for a while now, and the war had become quite dull. New members had raised the force from 16 to 25 members since the city fight way back when.

A new fighter had been seen and directed to find the Sabres the past day. Other than that, nothing had happened at all in too long of a time. Duxburian and the Militia had seriously considered leaving, until a rumor reached the fort. Local townspeople in 4 reported that the Tempests had finally found the Sabre Compound and planned an ambush this very night.

After long talks, Duxburian decided to ambush the ambush. Orders were given to grab weapons and get out the vehicles. It was already pretty late in the day, they would have to hurry in order to reach their destination in time.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!