FREE SOAKERS!

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:16 pm

Indeed, I signed up for that.

Regardless of how I use it, that site is an excellent idea, one I support whole-heartedly. Now, I can only hope that the moderator will approve my application... Go East Suburbs of Pittsburgh!
My Armory
<span style='color :p urple'>
4 XP-210s
Secret Strike with drilled nozzle and increased range
XP 310 with shotgun nozzle and fan nozzle
Storm something-or-other pistol
Old "Power Soaker" - hey, it's made by Larami!

I miss my XP 75 classic... I don't miss my XP 85.

Need DOS help or looking for games? Dosgames.com is a great resource, and its forums are excellent, and, hey, I've been a mod there for years!

toothpickmatt

Post by toothpickmatt » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:29 pm

freecycle is awesome! Glad that theres a post about it up here. I havent gotten any soakers off of it, but i havent really tryed. I have picked up some other great stuff, and also moved out a lota stuff i dont want any more, i would encorage every one to use it.

Going through peoples trash for soakers is not a bad method. Back home for me once a year santa clara has "big junk time" where people put out what ever they want on the curb and the city comes and picks it all up. I'll go and walk through neghborhoods with my brothers and pick up great stuff people thow out. We have picked up some where around 40 to 50 soakers over the years ( it may even be more, but i dont really know b/c a lot we have scraped for parts). But we have found some good ones, two 2000s, like 4 2500, two 1000s, like ten XP-105s (its really hard to find a tank for them) several XP-150s, and etc.... Now lots of these dont work, but there are still enough that do that it is definitaly worth it.

now i dont know if any of you will have trash conveiniently out on the curb for you, but the trash can be a good sorce of soakers, especialy for parts.

~matt

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:30 pm

I've joined my local group and asked if anyone has any super soakers that they don't want. I specified that I might take broken ones, because I can fix them.

I just hope I don't get barraged by a large number of people with broken water guns.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:24 pm

Just be careful how you approach them. One of the SSCentral UK members went and spammed lots of the UK groups, requesting soakers - I'd be wary of being mistaken for him.

I doubt you'll get many offers of guns, broken or other, but let us know if you receive anything. :)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:52 pm

I joined the group for my neighbouring town as well to increase my chances slightly, but that's it. I'm perfectly capable of travelling there, so it's not too much of a problem. (It seems that the rules are slightly different for both groups).

There are a little more than 600 members between the communities (many of which probably don't use it any more), so I might strike lucky. If I hit anything CPS then I'll be very happy.

I'll keep you posted, and I'll happily list what I get on here.
Last edited by joannaardway on Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:42 pm

I've been offered a fair number of soakers from around "10 years" ago, but I'm not sure how accurate this is. The descriptions given were vague at best (and sounded a more than a little inaccurate), and I was unable to identify them from what was given. They are proving to be in states of disrepair, but I have no problem with that.

If they are truly from around 10 years ago, I might get something good.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:55 pm

Ok, this appears to be a one warrior topic now, but my posts aren't completely useless.

Due to a few delays the soakers haven't been picked up yet - I hope to do so tommorrow. I will get back to you on what I have claimed.

I don't know exactly what condition it will be in, as I have said before. However most things can be fixed - if only this applied to the troubles I'm having with my CPS 2700. (don't worry - I know how to sort them. I don't need advice - yet. It's mostly rubber bands that I need to add - and plug a leak or two - nothing beyond me)

joannaardway

The goods

Post by joannaardway » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:15 pm

I have retrieved the soakers - the description "10 years old" was out by quite a bit.

They are about 15 years old - they appear to be:
-2 x SS 50
-SS 100
-SS 30

However, none are in working order, and are labelled differently - they appear to be very slightly different.

I wasn't quite expecting anything this old - I now am not quite sure what to do.

My instinct is to get them up to working order, as they are considerably damaged to be useless for display/collectablity.

We are not talking just internal problems - the cosmetic side is seriously affected. They will need several replacement parts even to stay together.

As they aren't collectable (or worth much) in their current state, once I have fixed them, I'll bring them up to work as backup blasters with a few modifications/reinforcements.

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:38 am

I tried joining Freecycle, but I was too lazy to go through the entire process--and I don't trust Yahoo! too much. However, I will definitely return there and register a short while before the off-season (say, beginning of August). For now, I'll just do with garage sales.

I understand the need to keep this thread "alive," but I think quadruple-posting is still a bit much. Besides, not too many of the other threads in the Buy/Sell forum are very active.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:38 am

SilentGuy wrote:I understand the need to keep this thread "alive," but I think quadruple-posting is still a bit much.
It's not a big deal...the posts were made on different days and edits would not have been appropriate in this situation. ;)

Hope your Freecyling goes well. Let us know if you get anything! I haven't requested soakers on Freecycle since the "Super Soaker Man" went on his nationwide posting spree some months back. :mad:

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:55 pm

Well, if you don't try then you won't gain anything.

I just avoided being too blunt about the issue, and even in the worst case, people aren't going to get unpleasant about it - unless I can be corrected?

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:23 pm

joannaardway wrote:Well, if you don't try then you won't gain anything.

I just avoided being too blunt about the issue, and even in the worst case, people aren't going to get unpleasant about it - unless I can be corrected?
Well, it got to the point where he was being offered a gun that wasn't actually available. But you are correct in your attitude, it's worth a try.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:10 am

Actually, I'm surprised Freecycle has so many members. Sure, they have been written about in many sources, but I still trust the good old garage sale to have a few sellers who just want to get rid of their soakers.

I know I wouldn't leave any soaker on Freecycle--but I guess these guys wouldn't leave other things there. Priorities, priorities, priorities!

EDIT: I'm at 99 posts... :eek: ...

low_masters

Post by low_masters » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:32 am

hey dude thanks alot this is such a great idea! i cant wait to see what else i can pick up throught this :)

Gold Hawk

Cool!

Post by Gold Hawk » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:54 pm

Sweet! I just joined! And on Saturday I got a great condition Max-D 2000 for 50 cents and a XP-65 in need of some repair for 75 cents at my local 5 and 10. :D Hopefully I'll get some good soakers from near my town!

Gold Hawk
Last edited by Gold Hawk on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Detail