I am Starting the Webring

Discussion of other water gun websites.
marauder_4

I am Starting the Webring

Post by marauder_4 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:32 pm

I've talked to just about everyone on here, and most of the ppl at Isoaker and Soaker Media. It's pretty much unanimous, everyone wants a webring of some sort.
I want to run this through with everyone one final time before I go through with it.
I'm going to make a webring at webring.com, titled the Watergun Webring. If you guys don't like the name I'll be open to different options. I'm going to purchase a domain name for the webring once it is constructed, and there will be ONE, and only one page for the webring. The webring page will consist of links to all the sites in the webring, and descriptions of the sites written by the webmasters. The rules for being in the webring will be fine tuned more once I purchase the domain name, but I intend to be pretty loose on rules as long as it's a watergun/waterwarfare website. I'm sure you're all wondering if you're going to need to put a dorky webring code on your website to join. I think that an image link on the main page, and links page, will suffice. You can mess around with the image all you want so that it goes with your website design if you'd like. I don't really care as long as you link to the webring.

I'm going to need someone to help me with graphics and stuff. It will be a two man operation. I have no graphics software, and I want this to look pretty sweet. Any volunteers?

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:55 pm

This shouldn't be in Site Awards...moving to general Internet forum. The Site Awards forum is solely for the SSCentral Site Awards. ;)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:58 pm

We were planning on getting waterfightdigest.com for the newsletter. If you would like, we could put the main webring page there.

I'm all for a webring, especially one with a better script than what we have here. The webring.com webrings verify that the link code is there. I have to manually check here, and most people never put it up!

I'm also sure that someone here will be more than glad to make a logo for you, but I'm no good with that stuff. ;)

marauder_4

Oops

Post by marauder_4 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:28 pm

Spinner wrote:This shouldn't be in Site Awards...moving to general Internet forum. The Site Awards forum is solely for the SSCentral Site Awards. ;)
Sorry, I thought this was in the internet forum! Doh. I was browsing the site awards section before I posted this. If you host it on the newsletter domain there'd really be no need to register a webring account @ webring.com so long as each site had a link to the webring site and the proper logo or something.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:32 am

Can't wait for it to get started. Soak on! I haven't been around much, but I'll join the webring once SSN gets up.