Nerf

Topics about sports and recreation.
Wild Boys

Nerf

Post by Wild Boys » Mon May 23, 2005 8:02 pm

I am getting interested in Nerf now. Anyone who has experience in this or who knows about it help me please. I read about some of the guns at www.nerfcenter.com and they seem quite cool with the range and stuff. I seem to have taken a fancy to the Nerf Wildfire, Nerf Rapid Fire 20, Nerf Crossbow and the Nerf Big Bad Bow. Which one of these would you recommend I get. I am looking towards the Wildfire and the Rapid Fire 20. Which of the two is the better one you think as I liked the review on the Wildfire and the range also impressed me. But I have not seen a review of the Rapid Fire 20. Suggestions? Post here please! Thanks. <_<

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon May 23, 2005 8:32 pm

I've got a RapidFire 20, ten AirTech 2000s (bought modified), a new Nite Finder, a (recently broken) Maverick, and a Lightning Blitz. The RF 20 is quite fun, but requires a lot of pumping - I expect the WildFire does too.

The AirTech 2000s are very good in their modded form. Earlier today, I used one to fire a Stefan at someone, from a few paces away, and they had to stop fighting for a few minutes, it was so painful! :Hey, that's funny.:

As for Nerf in general...for me, it's a bit of indoor fun, especally good during the winter months, but overall it's hardly a substitute for soaking. Nothing really seems to attract me as much as dumping a load of water on someone with a CPS 2000. ^_^
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Mon May 23, 2005 8:51 pm

Yeah, but Nerf I'd say seems good as a second option. Might be interested in the Rapid Fire 20. But more especially in the Lightning Blitz as that is one on my list a lot.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon May 23, 2005 9:40 pm

I am into Nerf. I made a homemade using a hose handle as the trigger. It shoots about 150 feet, but only about 50 or so accurately.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

death angel

Post by death angel » Mon May 23, 2005 11:27 pm

Yeah, Nerf is not something I use that often (unlike water guns :D ). I do have an N-Strike, I think it's ok. The only thing I like in the N-Strike system is the missile launcher. I also have the RapidFire and the Nightfinder. The RapidFire is really good. Best used if you shoot in short burst (sort of like water guns). Otherwise, it can really empty to through its darts fast. And believe me, it's pretty hard to dodge 20 darts that are fired in 3 seconds. (Around 7 darts per second.) The NightFinder I really love. Although small, it packs a nice punch. It also shoot very far. Maybe because it has a very different type of dart. Anyways, I like sniping my older sisters with my NightFinder. (The laser thing is helpful :D )
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Tue May 24, 2005 7:01 am

Looks like I am going towards the Rapid Fire 20 or the Wildfire then. :D Are these things powerful though. If they are I will get one soon. Well, I assume they are since some of the ranges on them is incredible. :D

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue May 24, 2005 9:19 am

The RF20's range is nowhere as near as good as the modded AirTech 2000's, in my experience.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Tue May 24, 2005 4:27 pm

What is the Rapid Fire 20 and the AirTech 2000's range? :blink:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 24, 2005 9:46 pm

Modded AirTech 2000s could easily get 80 or more feet of range. All you really need to do is replaced the barrels with 9/16" brass and use homemade stefan Nerf darts.

The RF20 on the other hand I do not know much about. I have been told that barrel modifications do not work very well with it, but I wouldn't take my word on that. Uriel's modification looks to be a good one however, that is if you are considering modifying an RF20.

I wouldn't really suggest any Nerf forums in particular because NerfHQ is falling apart in my opinion and NerfHaven is full of elitist fools who are too stubborn to accept good ideas (read some of my posts, especially the ones about LRT for why I feel that).

My brother and I are considering making a Nerf site - I will let everyone know when we do. The general topic of search engine optimization gives me a ton of ideas for site names, strangely when many feel that Nerf (and water gun) websites are fresh out! If you know what I mean, don't steal all of the good names! :P

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed May 25, 2005 3:27 pm

Thanks for all of your feedback and advice. I don't think I will bother getting any Nerf guns yet but I think I know which one I'll get when I decide to buy.

I am considering:

*Nerf Crossbow
*Nerf Big Bad Bow
*Nerf Rapid Fire 20

I changed my mind about the Wildfire since there is no single shot option where as on the Rapid Fire 20 there is.

I will update when I have made up my mind. :P

By the way I wasn't going to mod the Rapid Fire 20 or any of the others on my list. I would be happy the way they are. Just wanna have some fun around the neighborhood when I get one! :Hey, that's funny.:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed May 25, 2005 11:28 pm

To the best of my knowledge, the Nerf Big Bad Bow is being rereleased very soon. Check for it in stores.

I also would not recommend buying a Nerf Crossbow unless you are willing to fork over a lot of money for it. The Crossbow is like our CPS 2000 - highly overpriced due to the demand.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu May 26, 2005 9:09 am

That's good then about the Big Bad Bow. I have seen Crossbows for $52 on eBay US. Thanks for letting me know about all this. :)

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Thu May 26, 2005 10:57 am

I have been getting into Nerf lately. I don't have any NERF guns, but I have some dart guns from BBT, and these two X-stream somethings. The X-tream ones are ok, but I don't know what good range is in the Nerf world. I got two, because I modified them to shoot darts made out of straws with toothpicks in the end.(I don't shoot them at people that would be painful) The cool thing is that they go into trees, and my walls. oh yeah, I have a mini Nerf gun. btw, does anyone else use guns from BBT.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Mon May 30, 2005 12:11 am

Sorry, about the double post. I got a night finder today, and discovered that the old night finder(blue, and silver) is better than the newer version(blue, and yellow that clips onto N-strike). you can easily make the newer one better by putting some rubber bands around the thing you pull back to fire it around the front though. I plan on getting allot of nightfinders to experiment with. btw, does anyone know the price, because my Dad picked it up, and I don't want to be rude, and ask him.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

death angel

Post by death angel » Mon May 30, 2005 12:25 am

:blink: Oh, that's cool! I didn't realize they made a new NightFinder. I've have the old one, though. So the old one's better? Anyways, my Mk. 1 NightFinder is already tricked out with rubber bands. It's a really easy Nerf mod. Basically, it gives the gun much more power by making the plunger contract faster and with more force. BTW, where on the N-Strike does the Mk. 2 NightFinder attach? Where the Scout is I'm asuming. The scout is a okay gun. The only thing that redeemed the Scout in my mind is that it looks cool and cocking mechanism. The Titan is my favorite by far, though. My friend and I were doing range test, and found that it gets maximum range with 23 pumps. At 23 pumps it must have gotten 60-70+ range. :o Also, is there a way you could mod the Titan to shoot normal darts. I wonder how far the darts would go with the Titans power.
By the way, I found out one of the Nerf guns I had as a kid was the Ultimator! To bad it broke. :( If only I had taken care of it. The Ultimator can shoot over 100 ft.! My friend , (same one as before,) told me that her older sisters's nose was broken by a Ultimator! That is what I call power.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!