R&D: looking for trigger ideas

Homemade water gun threads that are notable.
dekard

R&D: looking for trigger ideas

Post by dekard » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:19 pm

Hey guys, im new to the site having just started in the water wars. My plan is total (water) annihilation. To whit, I'm building a pressurized gun, quick action trigger with a long range.. my goal is 50 feet range, 1 gallon capacity, backpack mouted tank with a light and quick gun...

I've done some reading on spudguns.com and love the modded sprinkler valve idea, the fast response will definately rock compared to a hand operated valve.. Now, I'm planning on modding the valve by drilling a suitable hole to relieve the pressure onthe diaphram, then I'll need a trigger mechanism to discharge the vavle..

Have you tried this already? What did you do? Can you show me pictures of it?

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:30 pm

Hi dekard, welcome to SScentral! :Hey, that's funny.: This is a great place for relaxing and talking with the other
people in the site. Hope you have fun soaking this summer!

EDIT- No dekard, as far as I know, there is no one here who has done that before. :huh:
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

dekard

Post by dekard » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:44 pm

Hey, that's funny., thats what im hoping.. I want to show up and make a major entrance! One of the awesome thigns I've found is that you can easily and simply modify the sprinkler valve to provide a tremendous flow! I'm still working on trigger ideas tho, and I'll post here when im done.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:28 pm

Sounds good to me, we'll be waiting! ^_^
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Excelite

Post by Excelite » Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:46 pm

If it is an electric trigger (like a solenoid valve) any switch should work.
NOT DEAD YET

dekard

Post by dekard » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:27 pm

Quick follow up.. The gun was completed a couple months ago, and I achieved all my water soakage goals... In use, its more a sniper style due to its long range and consistant shot distance. I can pressurize the main tank up to 170 psi, and run up to 75 psi into the water tank without problems. Awesome design and one I've truely enjoyed making.

interested in photos?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:36 pm

Sure, if you can, make an article about how you made it and I'll put it on SSC's site.

I was doing some reading of your posts, having 2 chambers, one for air and one for water is a neat idea, I don't think it will perform as well as having all the air in the water chamber, but it sure will keep everything simpler. Where did you get the regulator, and how high does the psi go on it? I need one for a co2 powered gun I'm going to make.

I've talked to some people who make water guns profesionally and I do have the design for a gun that should shoot easily over 100 feet, however I'm not giving it out just yet, I want to make it. I've already made quite a few homemades, most being CPS, but I've always wanted to make something extremely powerful that uses air pressure. Air pressure is the most powerful of any pressure by far, except maybe other gasses!

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:07 pm

Yeah, it sounds great. Diagrams?
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Xray

Post by Xray » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:38 pm

I have a highly modified garden nozzle I use... it has interchangeable screw-on nozzles aswell as a pressure guage mounted on it... if you want pictures ill get some.

It has withstood 130 PSI, so its definatly 'worthy' and can be used as a normal garden nozzle aswell.