Flash Flood vs. Aquapack Devastator

General water gun discussion.

In your opinion, which is a better gun overall, the Flash Flood or the Aquapack Devastator?

The Flash Flood is better
35%
The Aquapack Devastator is better
65%

Total votes: 17

death angel

Post by death angel » Tue May 10, 2005 12:49 am

I've seen lots of opinions scattered throughout some topics (mainly here ). But I thought it might be a good idea to create a topic for it, considering it's controversial.

Edit- Forgot my periods. :D
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Tue May 10, 2005 12:58 am

I had a water war this year and I thought I would use the flash flood more but I used the aquapack dev much more because it was light with a fairly good sized capacity.But hay its just my opinion, heck most people say that the dev only shoots 30 feet but I measured 40 feet (I used a tape measure) that is why I used it more along with the shot time.

death angel

Post by death angel » Tue May 10, 2005 1:04 am

Some might say that the Aquapack is weak for it size, though. Also it doesn't really make that much sense for a backpack blaster with a 100 oz (I think) resevior to only fire on a 3x nozzle. A gun that can hold that much water should have multiple nozzles, a 3x, a 5x, and maybe 8x - 10x nozzle. On the other hand, the FF which is relatively small, has two nozzles (1.5x and 12x) and is more powerful overall.

Edit- Spelling and details.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue May 10, 2005 1:45 am

The Dev is better. The main nozzle on the FF is underpowered and the burst that comes from the FF nozzle feels weak. The Dev is underrated as mine shoots about 40ft like scorpion's and the shot is strong. The nozzle could be bigger but that can be changed. ^_^

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Tue May 10, 2005 9:16 am

I null voted since I don't have either of them and probably won't bother getting them. But from what I have heard the Devastator seems better.

death angel

Post by death angel » Tue May 10, 2005 9:57 pm

Don't post for which you are going to buy, instead post which you think is better overall. It seems that there are many that are not going to buy either. But I created this topic for those who were deciding between the two, could have a good range of opinions to help them with their choice.

Edit- Word Mix up
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Thu May 12, 2005 8:10 pm

Well, even though I haven't used or witnessed either the Aquapak seems better because of its backpack. It is a very good idea for a soaker.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Fri May 13, 2005 11:47 pm

The aquapack is much better. I actually have both guns, though I had to fix the FF's trigger because it broke. The devastator is not underpowered for its size, the working part is smaller than that on all of the CPS guns including the Flash Flood. Also the Devastator is really more powerful overall than the FF, and has a longer range (no matter what the idiots at Hasbro write on the box). In sum, the Devastator is more powererful, has a larger capacity, is more comfortable to use, and is sturdier than the Flash Flood.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat May 14, 2005 1:50 pm

Well this is weird, because the Flash Flood gets a higher rating on iSoaker then the AquaPak Devastator (I think it's 90 for the FF and 80/85 for the AquaPak Dev). I was going to get a Flash Flood, but now it seems like the AquaPak is much better. I might get both, who knows?
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sat May 14, 2005 2:05 pm

Originally posted by Monsoon@May 14 2005, 09:50 AM
Well this is weird, because the Flash Flood gets a higher rating on iSoaker then the AquaPak Devastator (I think it's 90 for the FF and 80/85 for the AquaPak Dev). I was going to get a Flash Flood, but now it seems like the AquaPak is much better. I might get both, who knows?
[snapback]24651[/snapback]

He he. Remember my old topic? I remember you, blaze, and I were posting non stop in that one night. :Hey, that's funny.:
Isoaker Crazy Ratings
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sat May 14, 2005 8:00 pm

The answer in asking the question of which blaster is better than another will never be solved. However the question of what gun is better suited for a better role is an opinion of the user. By creating this poll, you are asking the opinion of others on which gun is better, that is ok. However to truly find out what gun is better for you, you should read reviews on each gun and ask yourself what roles you will be filling in combat. The Devastator is good for backpack reconnaissance or frontline assaults, and the flash flood can be used as a main assault rifle or a backup. It all depends on what you find is better for you. Do you want speed, power, maneuverability, or capacity? It's your choice. I see this topic as an honest question, and I will leave it open for discussion. :)

-Jade

death angel

Post by death angel » Sun May 15, 2005 1:16 am

I meant, which is a better soaker overall? In this case meaning, which can fill more positions and which is a more versatile gun. I guess most people are leaning toward the Aquapack, but I'm still not convinced. On isoaker, it appears as though the FF actually gives you more for it's size.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sun May 15, 2005 4:16 pm

Originally posted by death angel@May 14 2005, 09:16 PM
I meant, which is a better soaker overall? In this case meaning, which can fill more positions and which is a more versatile gun.  I guess most people are leaning toward the Aquapack, but I'm still not convinced. On isoaker, it appears as though the FF actually gives you more for it's size.
[snapback]24676[/snapback]

That can be answered to some degree. You can choose what people would pick here, but know the strengths and weaknesses of your blaster; what it and you can do and not do. If you pick one blaster over the other, make sure you don't fall into a role where your gun causes you to be a liability. :)

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sun May 15, 2005 10:47 pm

I would say that the Devastator is more versatile by far, as it is light, has a relatively powerful stream, has acceptable range, and has a good water supply. The Flash Flood, however, has a weak main stream, a wasteful and difficult to aim riot blast, a tiny reservoir, and a potentially breakable trigger.

Shadow_Emu

Post by Shadow_Emu » Wed May 18, 2005 7:42 pm

In my eye, there both just another few of hasbro's Gimmick blasters. But the Dev sounds more like something larami might do in my opinion. Unfortunately, all I have is the FF is all I have so that's what I voted for. Also,the FF barely needs any pumping to do great damage. 1 pump will get 3 quick shots out of it's normal nozzle. And 3 pumps will unleash enough from It's Flood nozzle to basically drench anybody's shirt. ^_^ If you only pump three times for the flood blast, you could get 20 good blasts before reloading.
"When you say someone is mad, you mean they are crazy, and the true definition of crazy is chaotic" -Unknown-
"Chaos is simply complexity ungraspable by the human mind" -Robert Peters-
"Intelligience lies in complexity" -Robert Peters-
Chaos Theory will undoubtedly play a part in the future of mankind.
"I see you have the machine that goes PING!"
"Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?"
"What's next, another Kamikaze Watermelon?"