Spelling Mistakes

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:32 am

Forceuser must use the force as he writes all those long posts! :Hey, that's funny.:BTW on the site if you go to tech, where it explains the repairs section. There is a big change your soaker can be fixed
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

soakerfool

Post by soakerfool » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:28 pm

There is one mistake
on http://www.sscentral.net/tactics/camo.php
it says where instead wear just thought you should know...

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:25 pm

Here, once again, are some more mistakes (mostly grammar).
In the XP 105 Review there are quite a few errors
- “Larami rated the XP 105’s nozzle at 1X, but, I measured (etc.).” There shouldn’t be a comma after the “but” there.
- “(the 105 is the only blaster with the riot blaster feature in it’s chain).” The “it’s” should be an “its”.
- “it shoots over 45 feet at full pressure, and isn't some wimpy little stream.” There shouldn’t be a comma before the “and”.
- “But, the nozzle (etc.).” There should not be a comma after the “but.”
-Another mistake is in the same sentence when it says “happened to mine, (etc.).” No comma after mine.
- “This is a great water gun, with a large tank (etc.)” in the 1st sentence. There shouldn’t be a comma after gun.
-“This blaster is a good back-up weapon, and in the day, was quite powerful.” There shouldn’t be commas in this sentence.
- “If you added a belt clip to this weapon, it would be tremendous.” Shouldn’t be a comma.
In the XP 220 Review review there are some mistakes
-“Also, the pump is red and bright, so it can also be seen easily.” Shouldn’t be a comma.
-“When you are refilling, you are really weak (etc.).” There shouldn’t be a comma.
-“ I have left, and the cap (etc.).” There shouldn’t be a comma
-“ Over all this would make a good side arm.” It should be “Overall.”
- “For scouting, I would use the XP 240, though.” There shouldn’t be any commas.
-“ But, they are wrong.” There should not be a comma.
- “The XP 220 can be used as a side arm, and is quite good at it.” Should be no comma.

Error in SC Power Pak Review
-“The shot time with the 3x nozzle is just amazing, and it's (etc.).” There shouldn’t be a comma.

Errors in ZX 1000 Review
-In the pros section: “Great power for it's size.” Should say “its.”
-“This soaker is probably the soaker that is most worth it's money, because of it large reservoir and almost 5X nozzle.” 3 mistakes total in this sentence.
1. Should be “its” not “it’s”
2. No comma
3. It should say “its large reservoir” instead of “it.”
-“water will shoot towards you thought the small holes (etc.).” Should say “through” not thought”
-“is when you keep pumping until the entier pump shaft is full of water (etc.).” Should say “entire.”
- “like epoxy or Elmers Glue (etc.).” Should say Elmer’s Glue.
- In the pros section: “Lightweight for it's capacity.” Should say “its” not “it’s”
One mistake in CPS 2700 Review
- “When you add it all up, the 2700 isn't so bad afterall.” “Afterall” is two words.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:17 pm

Just so you know, you never corrected my errors...
(Double Post with a definite amount of waiting time)
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:02 pm

Yep, it can take a while to actually get down to fixing small errors. Just remember next time you double post to not care. If you did nothing wrong, there's nothing to worry about. I really get more pissed when people tell me that they had time between posts. I read the dates you know. I rarely ever have told people who double post and never were problem members to not do that. You take me far too seriously. ;)

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:40 pm

Hehe. I was actually just trying to fill up space because of the character limit. Originally I didn't have it but I really couldn't think of anything else to fill up space...

m15399

Post by m15399 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:58 pm

That makes two comments on the character limit today...

I think if people put commas in their posts they would be much easier to read. I don't mind spelling so much, but run-ons get on my nerves.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:24 pm

Spelling errors are overrated around here. But it's Ben's site and it's his decision on how it's run. If a member makes a mistake, I won't bother to correct them, because I really don't care so much about errors.
Last edited by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR on Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playstation 3: Check the Consumer Elecronic Show (CES) early next month for more PS3 info, and possible confirmation of a release date

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:09 am

Cut Doom some slack now. The main site spelling errors are a legitament thing to correct since they represent SSCentral. Posts are to represents your questions and opinions and are of a whole other different matter. Doom can have his own policies on posts and I have to say, we are exaggerating Doom's approach to Spelling in posts. Anyway this is getting off topic to the thread...

EDIT
By the way: Don't try to to incite an argument. If I ever criticize what's going on in the forums it isn't to start trouble. Starting trouble is what hurts the forums especially. If you care about this site then don't do it.

^^^Hey Doom I tried to write
B
T
W
:
But it wouldn't let me. You might want to change that

m15399

Post by m15399 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:48 am

That's probably because he doesn't want you to use it! Try typing "By the way". It takes about 2 whole seconds and it helps people who don't know what it means. Obviously Ben doesn't want people to use AOL speak (as he has said), which explains I'm a new guy and idiots etc.

Edit: Ben, I like what happens when you type b t w ;)