FF silent max-d trigger mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:25 am

The max-d trigger on my FF broke (max-d is XPBackfire-esque) so I found a mod to fix it. It also has the nice add-on of making it silent. I invented this mod because I wanted to still have the long range in max-d, but leave the loud noise, and wearing down over time behind. And I had a broken FF that needed fixing.

The frst thing you have to do is remove all the fancy stuff for the max-d trigger: the spring, the metal rods, and the plastic peice that is sort of covering the lever that opens the ball valve. Do NOT remove the lever that opens the ball valve! The only plastic piece you remove looks something like this:

Then you use rubber bands to hold the lever in the 'closed' postion. Make sure they're tight enough so if you pull the valve open and gradually let go it will close completely.

In order for this mod to be successful you must remove one of the plastic things that parts from the max-d trigger attached to, it will get in the way. The red outline is where it used to be one my FF.

next, put all the internalls back in the gun, and push the trigger forward as far as it will go, and measure the distance between the hole in the trigger where it used to connect to the valve and the hole in the valve lever. I got 4 cm for the FF. You will have to bend a piece of wire that will connect those two holes, it can't have any slack, because then the trigger won't be able to pull back far enough to open the valve completely.

that is what the bent wire should look like. you use the wire to connect the trigger to the valve.

The complete mod, showing where the valve should go. Note that this mod can be changed to fit any max-d gun. Also note that I modified my trigger so it could be pulled back furter.

This article is written for SSC becuase it is a tech oriented site, but if it is not put up in 2 months then I will give it to SM or hydrowar.

EDIT: hope you liked it, or at least understood it. <_<

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:53 am

Could you retake the 3rd and 4th pictures so that they are in focus? I really don't like putting out-of-focus images on our site.

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:00 pm

I don't mean to seem stupid, or anything, but is that black thing with a little hook the lever that opens the valve? It's kind of hard to see cause the whole thing is black. If you put this on the site then do something to indicate where the "lever" is. Other than that it's a pretty good article, and mod. I think the FF is coming closer to a CPS 2100 legend that will be modded past it's limits, which I like cause I actually have one this time. :p h34r:

EDIT:Is it hard to pull the trigger, because of the rubber bands?
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:09 pm

I will retake them asap (meaning whenever I bother to remember)

If u look at the bigger FF trigger, you will notice that it has one of those black pieces over the valve, and the green thing the spring goes to is the lever (that is on the riot blast valve) the mod is done on the normal valve. If you get a FF and open it up you will see the differance. I advise trying this mod on a FF before anything else if you don't quite understand the instructions, cause then the pics will be more useful. I don't think what I just said was very help ful...I will highlight the lever.

EDIT: the part surrounded in red is the lever that opens it.

I also nozzle drilled and CVFed this FF.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:20 pm

So are you saying that this increases range, or just makes it silent? Either way, it sounds useful.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:20 pm

this does not increase range, it makes it silent, and since there's no spring this one doesn't break like conventional max-ds. I invented this mod cause I wanted to fix the max-d trigger on my FF

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:08 pm

^ I just tried it on my broken MD 4000, it works great!
I don't check this forum anymore.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:17 pm

Thanks! My first successfully invented mod! Yay! I am officially no longer a inexperienced user!

perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:32 pm

The mod may silence the Flash Flood, but it also decreases the power and output of the shots. I know this because I did this mod earlier.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:00 pm

that is a slightly differant version of the mod. The updated one actually made mine better.

EDIT: it could be that you didn't bend the wire just right. If it is a little too long it will only pull the valve halfway open.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:19 pm

Originally posted by hunter@Apr 19 2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks! My first successfully invented mod! Yay! I am officially no longer a inexperienced user!
[snapback]24216[/snapback]

Actually, I tried out an extremely similar modification in 2003 on my Max-D 6000. I planned to put it on SSCentral, however I didn't think it worked too well and I also didn't think it would be worth the work to make work better. Apparently your version works better.

Also, hunter, please use the spell check! I periodically go through and spell check random posts to see if people are using it! There's a reason that frst, peice, postion, internalls, furter, becuase, u (especially this), differance, and help ful are not in the dictionary... it's because they aren't words. As it turned out, the spell check properly corrected most of these mistakes in less than a minute.

I hate to tell people to use the obvious, but when it does the work for them I feel I must!

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:23 pm

Sorry Doom. I was kind of in a hurry when I posted. I am in a hurry a lot.

Edit: Hurry or no hurry, take a minute to spell check your posts! Is that too long? :P

perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:28 pm

Originally posted by hunter@Apr 20 2005, 02:00 PM
]EDIT: it could be that you didn't bend the wire just right. If it is a little too long it will only pull the valve halfway open.
[snapback]24246[/snapback]

The wire was bent right. The sound that come from the Flash Flood is from the valve opening and closing all the way, and I moved a rubber to where the valve opened and closed all the way, but the sound was very quiet, and I did that two days ago. :P

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:43 pm

The noise come from it opening entirely in a relatively fast amount of time. And your problem is with the FF valve, right? The range of movement for that trigger is not large enough to completely open the valve using the silent-type connection this describes. It would take a lot of modification.

perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:50 pm

Originally posted by hunter@Apr 20 2005, 04:43 PM
The noise come from it opening entirely in a relatively fast amount of time. And your problem is with the FF valve, right? The range of movement for that trigger is not large enough to completely open the valve using the silent-type connection this describes. It would take a lot of modification.
[snapback]24255[/snapback]

I am talking about the regular fire, you are referring to the riot blast, which I give up on due to it's hopelessness, and can you at leasted try not to argue? Or at least do it politely.