Water Balloon topic

Threads related to water balloon launchers.
War Admiral

Post by War Admiral » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:43 pm

This topic is about all waterballoons, whether it's about launchers, filling methods, etc.
It is the old who declare war but it is the youth who die for it.
-Herbert Hoover

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:07 pm

I'm fairly new to this kind of super soaker wars. I am rather talented with them though, because I have been having less organized wars for quite sometime. Anyway I was wondering how good water balloons are to use if you just throw them periodicaly. I never really used them much in the super soaker fights I've had so I am not completely sure. I am thinking that it would be easy to dodge so they wouldn't be that effective. Is this how it really is or are they actually good to use throughout a fight?
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

War Admiral

Post by War Admiral » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:15 pm

I think water balloons are allmost allways good in a water fight.They are even better if the enemy has some sort of base because you can jus lob them in.Yes water balloons can be easy to dodge if the prson throws it softly.Its another story if they throw them hard.I thinkthe best stradegy for throwing a WB at someone is to aim low,or fake them out.
-Herbert Hoover

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:42 pm

I use water balloons a lot. Their main purpose for me is when I cannot easily shoot my enemy such as when he is out of range or when my enemy is behind something. Water balloons make for good ambushed too. With a few water balloons, people outnumbered can win some battles. At close range I usually grab a water balloon or two and nail my enemy, a fast way to finish them off. That way works good for when I want to retreat but am under heavy fire or when I want my enemy to retreat to his base.

War Admiral

Post by War Admiral » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:07 pm

One problem with water balloons is filling them.Somtimes you really need a water balloon but arntnear a hose.Are there any other ways of filling one?
-Herbert Hoover

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:18 pm

Certain Max-D's have been known to be able to fill water balloons. Dux uses a Max-D 5000.

As for usefulness on battlefields, they can be decisive. Durring the first battle of Ridgewood, WB (WaterBridge) used grenadiers who threw water balloons with lacross sticks. It kept us from attacking them until they ran out of their supply. Another thing that is great is water balloons are silent. If your far enough away from your opponent that he can't see you but you can hit him with a water balloon, you have a great ambush situation. Imagine the thought of the other team when they're walking along in the forest and all of a sudden a wall of water balloons comes at them? Water balloons have a big psychological affect. I highly recommend arming each person in an army with atleast 3 or 4 water balloons.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:35 pm

Originally posted by War Admiral@Nov 27 2004, 06:07 PM
One problem with water balloons is filling them.Somtimes you really need a water balloon but arntnear a hose.Are there any other ways of filling one?
[snapback]19498[/snapback]

I personally don't have much to say about water balloons. Please put one or two spaces after the period in a sentence. It makes it easier to read as well as correct. Also, MyStic and you should clean up a bit on your spelling. I don't even bother to read poorly written posts anymore.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:37 am

Think that's bad? In a clan forum I used to post in people didn't even bother to use punctuation. Here is a quote

"yes its a fun war and yes I do understand your last joke super sormer and sorry! im olny 11 years old so please Don't tell me what to do it really makes me mad ! "

One of the things I like most about SSCentral is that it's not full of idiots. People at least make there typing legible.

As for water balloons, I think that using Lacrosse sticks to launch them is a great idea. I usually use my friend's 1-3-5 to fill up to 5 at a time...
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:33 am

The WBL that Nibor made is a good idea. Cheap, easy to build, compact and effective at doing what it does best. I have my own portable WB filler that can strap over my shoulder so I could hold it as well as a soaker at the same time. As a weapon, the WB filler I have shoots pretty far with a decent stream (about as thick as a Max-D 5000's stream).
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

DX

Post by DX » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:35 am

I usually use my friend's 1-3-5 to fill up to 5 at a time...
That's an awesome idea! If I had a 1-3-5 I would definately try that. Water balloons, as Nibordude stated, can be decisive. Waterbridge was able to keep us on the defensive in the last war because of the lacrosse sticks. We were only able to engage them in closer quarters when they ran out. They're also great for attacking a position that you may not be able to physically reach at the moment.
Water balloons allow you bombard the other side of a riverbank, or enemy troops taking shelter behind a wall. They also can be invaluable for defense. On the 2nd day of the Battle of Ridgewood Belisaurius and Guderian were able to launch a surprise attack on the rear of Reed Hill. Nibordude and Court were off scouting, and I was there alone. What Beli/Gud didn't know was that I had the cooler with 150 something water balloons in it. I was able to successfully defend the hill and keep both of them from advancing by showering the area around them with water balloons. Moral of the story: Always have some water balloons handy, and they will get you out of some tough situations. ;)
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

War Admiral

Post by War Admiral » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:58 am

I use a tennis ball tube with a duct tape strap to hold 3 filled balloons.What do you guys use to hold your water balloons?
-Herbert Hoover

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:07 am

Actually thats the same thing we do. But when we carry larger loads we use coolers. ;)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:31 am

I do the same thing although when many water balloons are needed, I use a backpack with a modded milk carton in it.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:54 am

Tupperware. Or let the fat kid carry 'em. :P Just kidding.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:59 am

When I am on the go and need to fill some water balloons I find it useful to carry a few sunny delight sport top bottles with water in them with me. They are very good for filling balloons as they can fill them in one squeeze and unlike a regular water bottle they don't crunch.