Magic The Gathering

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
hooligan

Post by hooligan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:56 pm

Hey Guys!

I play MTG, does anyone else? I don't play it online though...
<span style='color:red'>Because Hooligans are
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:13 pm

I used to but wasn't very good. I only had a handful of cards and didn't know how to play. When Pokemon was in I used to be really good at the TCG, I played some Wigglytuff/Haymaker deck with Muk to stop most other strategies. I think I'll go dig up my cards and see what I have still. I also have played Yu-gi-oh a few times, but I really didn't know what I was doing.

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:55 pm

I LOVE magic. its too bad the new rules only allow 7th edition cards or more recent. all my cards are older. I have a dragon theme deck with many dragon specialty cards. I was so good at it. I placed third at a tourney and won a couple prophecy boosters and a tempest booster. someone from the same school as me got first place. he bought all his cards, thats why <_< I also have a counter-burn deck that my friend placed fifth with.

when I first heard of the pokemon card game, I bought one booster, and guess what card I got? charizard! too bad I got ripped off when I traded with my (supposed) friend... -_-
http://xs7.xs.to/pics/04512/sig2.jpg
-whoamg, I can't put ANY anime girl in my sig without doom deleting it. =\

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:55 pm

Yeah, the new cards really suck, and the storyline seems to be simplified to target a younger audience. That's why I don't buy those anymore.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:11 pm

I play a lot. I am making a Sliver deck now incase any of you know what that is. The game is fun.....but addicting!
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:48 pm

It seemed like everyone wanted to make Sliver decks back when Legions came out.

revengeofline

Post by revengeofline » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:09 pm

I play Magic sometimes, but I don't buy the cards anymore. It's just way too addictive to buy more cards and improve your deck until you realize you just blew most of the money you were saving. The design of the new cards just plain annoys me. They have all these borders and boxes, and they just don't look like the old Magic cards used to. I still play some of my friends though.

RecklessAssault

Post by RecklessAssault » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:18 pm

My cousins got me in to M:TG. I have a pretty fair amount of cards, but only one themed-card deck (a wurm deck). I used to have a Demonic Consultation/Deflection/Megrim deck, until I found out that DC/Deflection can't work (if it did, I could bring out the DC, name a card I know my opponent doesn't have in his deck, then pull out the Deflection such that it'd deplete his whole deck). Theoretically, Megrim would deal 2 damage for every card he threw out making for some nice overkill, but as it turns out the wording of DC makes deflecting it impossible. I took the DC out, and just rebuilt the deck as a regular black/blue deck.

One of my cousins has an amazing collection of Magic cards, he has built some decks that are almost invincible.

Aaron
<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='color:red'>I bought a box of lady fingers at the local bakery this morning, but when I got home I noticed that one of 'em was missing. I decided to take the box back to the bakery and show the manager. He gave me the finger. (adapted from a joke by Jay London)

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:00 am

my friend has sliver queen. also I have another friend who had this one deck where it was almost invincible if you had the right cards. he had this one enchantment that allowed players to play creatures with converted mana cost of two or less for nothing. and there was this one card, gaia something, that if a green or red creature came into play, it got a plus +1/+1. so he played this kavu, green/something, its ability was when it came into play, you had to return a green/something creature. so he kept playing the kavu over and over until it was a million/a million. so he thought he would win. I kept stalling by blocking with 1/1's until I got the card I needed, exile. he attacked once more and I used exile. its effect is it removes a nonwhite attacking creature from the game, you gain life equal to its toughness! so I gained a million life and he forfeited. :Hey, that's funny.:

hooligan

Post by hooligan » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:04 am

I have a red-green beatdown deck, along with an affinity deck and working on Madness deck. Sliver decks are cheap but if you really want them, a must is coat of arms and also muscle sliver as well as shifting slivers. They are absolutely outrageous. Chaos, do you have any moxes from the old days? If you do, they are worth a couple hundred each (well people will pay that much).

I really want to but new cards but I must resist. My affinity deck just could use so much tuning up!

Also chaos, I share feelings with you. I hate having to buy new cards to use in new types. Luckily, my cards are sort of recent. I haven't won that many tourneys yet though. Actually none at all since everyone is soo good now and pay like 50+ dollars to make a decent deck. Jeez.

Btw how much money have you guys put into magic (if you sell cards and use the money from the sold cards it still counts as more money used). Me, I've put about 100-110. A bit more at most. I want to stop...but I...I...c-c-can't!

Also, Chaos, aren't dragons sort of slow. My friend has a reanimator deck (bring cards directly form gravyard to play) and can get a first turn Akroma or any other crature into play, taking the damage of the power of the card. Phantoms deal no damage to him because their power is defined in play not as coming into play! Cheap bum....
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:17 am

er moxes? what are those?

my deck originated from a mirage deck I first got. I bought many ice age and older booster cards like weatherlight, alliances and others soon after. I have some reeeeeally old cards and none recent Hey, that's funny.. I have wall of shadows, which is an antiquities series. and pallidia-mors which is LEGENDS!

I have some pretty strong cards, shivan hellkite, crimson hellkite, draco, palladia-mors, maraxus of keld, and multani, maro-sorcerer.

I do not know how much money I have spent on magic. prolly about 100$. I got most of my rares as gifts from my friends.

hooligan

Post by hooligan » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:25 am

Moxes are 0 cost artifacts that obviously aren't affected by summoning sickeness and provide mana when tapped. Like a land except you can play as many as you want a turn as long as you don't exceed the 4 card limit in a deck. Chaos, do you still play magic? YOU HAVE DRACO? HOLY FECES!
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:03 am

yea I have draco, its in my red/green/white deck so the cost isnt too much. I also have zirilan of the claw. its ability allows me to bring any dragon out of my deck into play without summoning sickness for TWO mountains and ONE colorless!
dragons arent too slow. I have many low cost dragons like dragon whelp and dragon hatchling. I also have quick rush cards like grizzly bears and living terrain. I have 4 seals of strengths to boost my rush cards, and I have some enchantments too. I even have righteousness! instant +7/+7 to target defending creature!

and yes I still play, not many opponents though...

btw I am looking to buy a rith the awakener if anyone is selling.

hooligan

Post by hooligan » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:11 pm

Rith...One of the legendary dragons...let's check ebay :P They are very cheap, but you may not want to pay more than a buck for a card. They are about a buck USD on Ebay...Also, zirillian removes the dragon from game afterwards. Great for a finishing attack though.
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:06 pm

I know the downside of zirilan, thats why I have soo many dragons. I can keep pulling out dragons and overwhelming the opponent