Concerning my involvement in Project H3O

Community news posted by the SSC staff.
SSCBen

Concerning my involvement in Project H3O

Post by SSCBen » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:15 pm

I don't know how many of our visitors have seen the latest developments at Project H3O, but they report I'm making a prototype for them. This is not true and I don't know why they're saying it.

At first I thought they might have been confused about my wording in an email to them when I said I could make a prototype (but was not making one at the moment), so I sent a response a few days later making it clear that I'm busy at the moment and can't help for other reasons. That was over a week ago. I am yet to get any response back.

I'm only posting this to clear up any misconceptions. I wish Freddy and the others at Project H3O the best and am willing to help in other ways but I'm not making a prototype for them.

Edit: This is post #6000 for me, but I have 6673 total posts including off-topic posts.
Last edited by SSCBen on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Re: Converning my involvement in Project H3O

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:59 am

Nice on the 6k. I wonder if the claim was something of a publicity stunt?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:01 pm

I don't know their reasons but I imagine it's a simple miscommunication that they haven't addressed yet. If they are trying to get some publicity or credibility they're definitely doing it the wrong way.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:26 pm

I'm thinking this should be in the News section. But yes, it's good to clear it up now.

H³O - Freddy

Post by H³O - Freddy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:39 am

Hey everybody,
sorry I didnt reply to this post earlier,
I was very busy with university during the last 4 weeks.

The reason I posted a news entry concerning Bens involvement in Project H³O is simple: At the time I wrote that news entry, I understood that Ben was in fact going to helf us out with some pictures and plans of a possible prototype. Later on, Ben told me that he did not have the time to support us. I simply did not update the news section yet to correct my earlier statement. Sorry for the confusion!

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:18 am

Can't believe it took me this long to notice the typo in the thread title - "conVerning"
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

SSCBen

Re: Concerning my involvement in Project H3O

Post by SSCBen » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:04 pm

What typo? :)

Specter

Post by Specter » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:43 pm

cantab wrote:Can't believe it took me this long to notice the typo in the thread title - "conVerning"

thats the way the human brain works, if a word is typed incorrectly, the brain perceives it as the correct word if only a few letters are off. even if the letters are completely jumbled except the first and last letters, the brain automatically unjumbles the letters. you have to think of the word being spelled wrong for you to know that it is spelled that way. You will only notice immediately if it is spelled incorrectly if the spelling is absolutely butchered, or if you read slow/"study" each word.

i will mistype 1 word in a sentence, your brain will make you think that it is spelled correct.

I went to the store to buy some grocreies.

that exmaple might have been too easy. lol
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Captain Galaxy

Post by Captain Galaxy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:24 pm

I knew the typo was there when it was first posted. I just thought I'd be nice enough not to point it out.
Live Long and Prosper

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:57 pm

If there's a typo in anything I say and you notice, I'd prefer if you let me know.

Specter

Post by Specter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:19 am

I didn't notice the typo either haha, damn human brains :-P
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october