Project H3O

Community news posted by the SSC staff.
SSCBen

Project H3O

Post by SSCBen » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:47 am

I got this email today:
Hey Ben,

my name is Friedrich and I am a 22 year old student from Germany.
Me and some friends started a project called "Project H³O" 3 months ago. It is our aim to develope and design
our own line of water guns. Unlike existing companies, we are following and outside-in approach; we ask potential costumers what
the "soaker of their dreams" might look like and afterwards start the developement process. For this purpose, we launched our own website:
http://www.project-h3o.com.

On that site, anyone has the opportunity to create an account and tell us their wishes and opinions about water guns.
I can see that there are quite a few people on your website who might be interested in our project. Therefore, I would like to ask you if there is any
possibility that you could include our homepage in a news entry or set up a link. I also would like to open a thread regarding our project in your forums if that is alright with you.

Well, I would be thrilled to hear from you and if you have any questions or remarks feel free to contact me via friedrich.voelker@ebs.de.
Thanks a lot for you time!
Best regards, Friedrich.

PS: Anyone who registers and posts in our forum has the change to win a Monster XL. I thought that might be interesting to you ;-)

Friedrich Völker, B.Sc.
Student of Business and Law
European Business School (ebs)
Oestrich-Winkel
Germany
This sounds like something we'd be interested in helping out with. Join their forums if you want to help develop a new line of water guns. ;)

I'll post more later. Right now I have things to do.

coolocat

Re: Project H30

Post by coolocat » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:12 am

This looks like good news and hopefully they can get their company off the ground. The good thing is that there doing market research first and we can tell them what we'd like to see in their line of water guns so hopefully we can help them out in anyway we can

isoaker_com

Re: Project H30

Post by isoaker_com » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:17 am

Interesting;I got almost exactly the same email today (mine reads "Dear Isoaker.com team," as opposed to "Dear Ben,", but all the rest, typos and all, is there. I replied to him, asking him to post up info in his own words on iSoaker.net. I'll also be adding a link to that project off of iSoaker.com. It'll be interesting if they can really pull it off, but at present, I cannot tell whether or not they would be able to do what they want to. Time will tell...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

H³O - Freddy

Re: Project H3O

Post by H³O - Freddy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:44 am

Hehe, sorry for the typos ;-) Thanks for putting my email on the front page! :)

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:22 pm

Are you starting an actual company here, or is this just a school project? Sorry, that was a little unclear.

H³O - Freddy

Post by H³O - Freddy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:25 pm

Well it's definitivly not a school project! :)
I am working together with friends from my university who are interested in starting up their own business someday. However, we are not a company, yet. Only if phase one of our project (that's basically market research) is completed and the results are promising, we will invest money and start an actual company.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:28 pm

Ah. Well, in that case, best of luck!

MarsGlorious

Post by MarsGlorious » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:55 am

Hi Fred

This seems like a fairly large undertaking. How do you plan distribute your end product around the world to the costumers? Are you going to have an internet business or shops? I'm worried this is just going to be a little business, with a few people getting sold some of the guns you build. How will this work?
"Wherever there's a dark age, there are Dark Apostles." - Storm

H³O - Freddy

Post by H³O - Freddy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:49 am

Hey MarsGlorious,

thanks for your interest in Project-H³O. You are bringing up a very important issue: Distribution. Many people do not realize that the big soakers were actualy discontinued because of problems with distribution and NOT primarily for safety reasons etc.

Since Project-H³O is in an early developement phase right now, we did not yet decide on one or more distribution channels. There are too many variables that have to be considered first in order to make an informed decision. Pricing strategy and the minimum quantity suppliers are willing to produce are just two examples. I'm sorry I cannot give you a final answer to your question yet but I hope my explanations helped a bit.

All the best to you from Germany,
Freddy

Ariz0na

Post by Ariz0na » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:23 pm

I say, bring back the mega sized soakers, cuz I've got a whole load of friends here in Malaysia that want them. They didn't know about it then, but now they do, and they want it :p
Btw, good luck freddy. Right now, I can't seem to excess the h3o website
Armoury : CPS 2500, Arctic Blast & Max Infusion pack,
Super Soaker Quick Blast Twin Pack

i speak my mind My Garage Sale