It's Coming...

Community news posted by the SSC staff.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:27 am

Oh no! The new design is coming! Don't be scared, it's a much better design than the current one, and I have a lot of new articles(20+) to go with it. SSCentral will be the NerfOnline of soakers soon!

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:17 am

and with my creative genius (big newscomment WINK) it'll have better content than AQUATICA EVER DID!
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:58 am

Of course! :)
Actually, it's going to take me a while, so sometime after school today neo get on AIM and I'll lighten my load by giving a few articles to you for you to put in the new format. OK?

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:31 pm

Are there anyways I could help?
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:50 pm

Sure. The site template thing is a lot more complicated than the orginal, but it's still pretty simple, so no one should have a problem using it. I'll get myself organized into parts today and deleting unused stuff from SSC(Good thing we got an extra 200 megs for free, we use about 150 now). I'll contact you on AIM about it soon, OK? You practically are a staff member, in fact, you can do anything a staff member can, just with a different title.

Edit: I just found a thing in the CPanel to find where all out space is going. Due to several reasons, our forums are about 40 megs big total. But that's not the most shocking thing. A thing that tracks our stats is taking up more than 50 megs. :blink: Now I know where it all is going.

Edit again: I'm done my deleting rampage for today. SSC now takes up 62.14 megs, and it will shrink when the redesign comes around, due to better coding techniques, less forum skins, smaller images, ect. That's not bad, it's good because the info gets to you faster and I don't pay as much!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:36 am

Well, I've had so much homework lately, I haven't been able to do much work this week. I'll try to sqeeze something in...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:56 pm

Yeah, homework again tonight. And it's everyone's favorite; simplyfying radical expresions and equations. Don't you just love doing that?

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:59 pm

it's not that hard. I'm 3 years younger than doom and I could do it. first thing to look for is double negatives....
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.