Oh how the years fly...

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Soaker Leader

Oh how the years fly...

Post by Soaker Leader » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:02 am

*sigh*

I haven't participated in this forum in years, but I always find it comforting to come back here at least once or twice a year. It brings back some really powerful feelings of nostalgia.

This place is where I made my initial entrance to the forums and the general online social network. I remember being something like 11 years old when I registered here. I had been a lurker for some months, but being so young, I asked my mom if I could register here ;P. Coming home from school one day all excited about it, we sat down and signed up under her email in what appears to be September 04. I must have been in 5th grade at the time, but as of next year, I'll be a Senior in HS and turning 17 in just two months.

Now over the years I've gradually grown out of water guns, but I still do have my small arsenal. It's fun to pull them out from time to time for certain events, but I'm certainly not as enthusiastic about them as I was. I suppose we're all bound to grow up eventually... :(

As I started to outsource and join other forums besides SSC, I picked up the name 'Doom' off of Ben as if I recall, had the username 'DoomSoaker' way way back in classic SSC time. Through all these years, I've always used the name Doom on every forum and site I've registered to as long as it's available. Every post I make on any forum, if you see it signed '-Doom' from a user named 'Doom', then it's probably me ;) . I think that's actually something I picked up here too, but I really can't remember as it's been some 5 years or so.

So this is where it all started for me, figured it'd be a fun thing to share for those who go back that far and still remain here.

As always,

-SL (or Doom for that matter ;p)

C-A_99

Re: Oh how the years fly...

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:01 am

Have you been keeping up with new soakers and community tech? There's some interesting stuff out there, but I've started to fall out of it quite a bit. (Though I'm nearly always somewhat inactive during the off-season) I haven't been around too long; only 3 years or so.

SSCBen

Re: Oh how the years fly...

Post by SSCBen » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:49 am

Welcome back. I remember you from a few years ago

Weird that you picked your username off me. I don't use anything similar any longer except at NerfHaven, which hasn't been changed since 2003. I don't even use Ben anywhere other than here as I've switched to btrettel because it's never taken.

Hope you stay around. I think the water gun community is getting more interesting as the years go by even if it gets more inactive.