Windows 7

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
C-A_99

Re: Windows 7

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:19 pm

What exactly is the problem with CS3? Does it simply not install? Or does it just not run? I got it (CS3) to work on Vista but my system's 32-bit. Still, 64-bit should run 32-bit programs just fine from what I heard.

isoaker_com

Re: Windows 7

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:27 pm

I've read some were able to install CS3, but not I. The problem, after much exploration, involved the installer requiring permissions to modify specific registry keys (that I could not find). Oddly, the installer was able to install Acrobat (once) and always could install Adobe Bridge, but failed at installing the other main programs like Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Flash. I spent a lot of time trying to reconfig the registry permissions to grant my user profile as well as all "Administrators" full access to potential parts of the tree, but to no avail. I was able to install CS3 on the Win XP virtual machine without problem, but thought it sorta silly to be running main apps like that within a virtual shell with limited access to system resources.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::