numericalmethodsguy on YouTube

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
SSCBen

numericalmethodsguy on YouTube

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 05, 2009 2:53 am

I recently stumbled on this guy on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=numericalmethodsguy&view=playlists

He's a professor at the University of South Florida who made a great number of videos about numerical methods that are useful in engineering and physics.

While I realize most people here probably don't care, I'm willing to bet a number of the more engineering-oriented folks here would find these methods very useful.

ben@sscentral.org / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.

Silence

Re: numericalmethodsguy on YouTube

Post by Silence » Tue May 05, 2009 9:19 pm

Looks like he covers a broad range topics.

I'll have to actually watch them later. Thanks for the link.

SSCBen

Re: numericalmethodsguy on YouTube

Post by SSCBen » Fri May 08, 2009 5:44 pm

On a similar note, I've been downloading video lectures. MIT, UC Berkeley, and Stanford have fairly good selections, though, they seem focused on electrical engineering and computer science (which I still find interesting nonetheless). NPTEL has some very nice video lectures as well (3000+ of them) that focus more on mechanical engineering.

As Flash on Linux is terrible I've been downloading the videos on YouTube. This batch download script is very helpful: http://bitbucket.org/rg3/youtube-dl/wiki/Home

Run the script and give it a video URL or a playlist URL. It also can download a list of URLs from a text file.

ben@sscentral.org / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.