been away for a very long time... now back

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Lightbulb41

been away for a very long time... now back

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:00 am

Wow... things have changed since I was last here... Hope to be back and contribute...
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word.

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

SSCBen

Re: been away for a very long time... now back

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:17 am

Welcome back! I remember you from a few years ago.

A lot has changed and for the better. Our old website was very outdated, having been last updated in 2004, so even when you first joined it was outdated. Now we're very up to date and doing quite fine overall.

Hope you stay around. Let me know if you have any questions to concerns about SSC.

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:20 am

Has it been that long Ben?

Well I need to update my weapons...

CPS 3000 busted completely... the pump cracked in half so that was the garbage heap.

I have a CPS 3200 Brand new in box that I really don't want to get out.

Recently been re-interested in artillery such as waterballoon ballista's and and PVC cannons.

WHOA silent guy is an ADMIN now...

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:29 am

I remember you from the RP. If we have one this year (we've lost all members interested in those, but it's a possibility), be sure to join in! :)

If you can find the CPS 3000, it should be easy to salvage. Was it the pump rod or the pump tube that broke? Either way, it's simple enough to replace that with a homemade version.

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:35 am

I'll see if I still have it... Worse comes to worse I pick up a 3000 off of Ebay...

I'll keep my eyes open for the RP. I still like doing those :)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:41 am

Has it been that long Ben?
Yeah, we went a long time without updating the website. The main problem was that by 2005 I had decided that our old development system was useless and I wanted to make a new one. The backend we use right now actually was somewhat complete in 2005 but I never got around to switching to it. I wish we had but it sadly never happened due to several factors, the most major one being the lack of a good development system (and laziness :p ). We got ourselves in gear come late 2007 and we can back with a great update.

We should start a new RP, I think. I'd like to get involved in one for once.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:58 am

Ah, those RP's, never participated in them. I guess I just never got the flow of it.

Since I joined in 2006, I don't know a lot of those who were around earlier. Good luck w/ the repairs though.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:38 pm

Welcome back!

You may not remember me since I didn't post much back then. I too got moved up to being an admin, though I kinda had an advantage since I'm Ben's brother!

Good luck with the repair if you find the gun!
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.