"School's out for summer" : (WOOHOO!)

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Specter

"School's out for summer" : (WOOHOO!)

Post by Specter » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:54 pm

Well today was my last day of exams. Finally school is over. Now that it's summer vacation for me, I'll be posting more regularly like I did before. Technically I'm a high school senior now woohoo.

Hope to get a job for the summer and get me a vehicle. I'm probably not going to get a car or truck like i was planning- because of the gas prices. I'm looking at motorcycles,(you can't really beat 70-80 mpg) mostly the Honda CB250 aka Nighthawk, its a nice starter bike (250cc), and I just like the way it looks. Harleys are too expensive, I don't really like Kawasaki's or Yamaha's (besides they specialize in dirt and sport-racing bikes), and another thing is my dad has an old Honda CB550 (550cc) (he thinks its a '72 or '74 but wikipedia says they started in '74 so its most likely that) and hes thinking about digging it out of the garage and getting it started again. (again because of gas prices) It'd be kinda cool to ride a motorcycle around with my dad. :)
heres a picture of the Nighthawk:
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

SSCBen

Re: "School's out for summer" : (WOOHOO!)

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:13 pm

I've been home for a few (boring) weeks. Home's a lot different than college. People were right when they said that once you left you didn't really want to come back. Luckily next summer I'm hoping to rent an apartment or house so I'll be on my own.

Bikes (bicycles) are my primary form of transportation. I actually don't have a driver's license but I should get one. My gas station job that I'll start in a few days requires me to go in at least once a week at 5:30 AM, and unless the sun is out I won't be able to ride my bike... so looks like I'll need a license soon. Either that or a high powered light on my bike. :p

I remember reading somewhere that motorcycles are becoming more popular as gas prices increase. I think I was browsing the internet and came across a forum for a certain brand of motorcycle that said in the news that membership in their club had increase by like 40% since the start of the year.

Anyone else doing anything specific for summer or have any plans?

khaos14

Post by khaos14 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:41 pm

Woo hoo! it is Summer! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:17 am

I've had a few projects and the like lined up. Unfortunately, cross country in the mornings kinda ruins the entire day...or at least, it's messing with my schedule more than I expected. I'll have to buckle down on homework next week anyway though, so we'll see. Since I'm getting up early, it's always, say, noon when I expect it to be 4 pm :) . My eating schedule is weird too...I can only have half a breakfast (since I don't want a stitch while running), which leaves me hungry by 10:00.

Specter

Post by Specter » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:23 am

Silent-
Eat a banana or have a glass of OJ before going out, along with some breakfast food. There's potassium in them which prevents cramps when running. Your schedule sounds really hectic. Hope you can get it worked out or whatever :) .

as for my summer plans, i hope to get a job to make some money to pay for [hopefully] a motorcycle. If i can find a leftover 2006 or 2007 model Nighthawk, then I'll be happy. If not I'll have to get a 2008 model which runs at $3,699.00. Its hard to find a used Nighthawk for sale because they are mostly used in MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) Training courses due to their small size and easy maneuverability etc. If i can get a job then i should be able to have money for the bike in about 5-6 weeks[at $8/hr @ 40hrs/wk] because my parents said if i can come up with 1/2 money for a vehicle then they'd meet the other 1/2. If i can get a job and get at least $8/hr then I'd be fine. Then I can actually drive to school (once i get the motorcycle endorsement on my license) next year. I would have been able to drive this year if i got a job during last holiday season/got a car because i got my license in november, but i didn't get accepted at the places i applied. Hopefully this summer goes better for me. And good luck to everyone elses summer plans :)

Edit(didn't feel like double posting and i know editing into recent post is best)
What does everyone think about that motorcycle i posted the pic of? Does it look cool? Basically i would like to know what your opinions are? :)
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:13 am

I like the Kawasakis more, but to each his own.